Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

2008 Gift Packs at the LCBO

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

2008 Gift Packs at the LCBO

Post by El Pinguino »

Ok...I know these don't usually start to appear until late October, but anyone know what we can expect in terms of gift packs this year?

I'm hoping for some regulars like Chimay (as I broke a glass earlier this year...and always enjoy sampling the trio of Chimay's)

Last year I thought Steamwhistle has the most impressive offer, with that old-style beer opener that hangs on a wall or sticks on your fridge (like mine does!)

We've also seen some great new beers and posts from not only Esprit but also R&R and even 'wineguyimports' this year.

I'm optimistically looking forward to some potential new holiday giftpacks that we've never seen before.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Czechvar with Czechvar Dark and a glass with the logo on it would just blow my freaking mind and I'd buy hundreds of dollars worth. Seriously. That would be my ultimate gift package if it were at all possible to arrange! :wink:

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

That steamwhistle opener is the greatest. If it comes out again i need to buy at least 3 for christmas gifts.

Raptor2023

Post by Raptor2023 »

I saw the Scottish Ales gift pack at my local LCBO recently. I was surprised since I know they usually start coming out in late October.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Raptor2023 wrote:I saw the Scottish Ales gift pack at my local LCBO recently. I was surprised since I know they usually start coming out in late October.
that's actually a general list item now.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I've got the list of this year's holiday packs, and I've been meaning to post it for a while. I just need to look up some details for a couple of them. I'll try and get that done and post it in the next day or two.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

GregClow wrote:I've got the list of this year's holiday packs, and I've been meaning to post it for a while. I just need to look up some details for a couple of them. I'll try and get that done and post it in the next day or two.
damnit greg, that's just not good enough. kidding, kidding. look forward to reading it

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We've got:

Chimay (3 bottles)
Westmalle (2 bottles)
St. Peter's (2 bottles)
Samuel Smith (3 bottles)
Maredsous (3 bottles)

...all with glassware.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

esprit wrote:We've got:

Chimay (3 bottles)
Westmalle (2 bottles)
St. Peter's (2 bottles)
Samuel Smith (3 bottles)
Maredsous (3 bottles)

...all with glassware.
\

great to hear, peter!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

esprit wrote:
Maredsous (3 bottles)

...with glassware.
Maredsous is great. One of the best Tripels.

We beer geeks sure get good value, compared to the sorry bastards who pay $18.00 for Coronitas packed in buckets, or those giant Heineken bottles... pure empty commodity marketing -- those 'special' packagings aren't worth a crap.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Very true that these are always some of the best deals out there! The Maredsous is a great package, I'm sure I'll grab another this year. The St. peters sounds new to me....exciting stuff!
I could easily grab all of those listed so far.....

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Historic Ales from Scotland (LCBO #893719) is ours as well but it's not a holiday pack but rather a year round item...it's just that we cannot get the LCBO stores to order them as they think it's a seasonal....we have HADinventory for the past 12 months and only in a handful of stores. Anyone who wants some can ask their store manager to order it as there is plenty available.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'd thought I had missed out on the Sscottish ales pack. Anyone have the LCBO ref# handy?

edit - see Peter included that - have to get my specs cleaned
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

[quote="esprit"]We've got:

Chimay (3 bottles)
Westmalle (2 bottles)
St. Peter's (2 bottles)
Samuel Smith (3 bottles)
Maredsous (3 bottles)

...all with glassware.[/quote]

That's awesome. and to think I lugged a Westmalle goblet all the way back from Brussels. Wish I knew this in the summer. I'll defintely be picking up the St. Peters and Maredsous for my collection.

BTW, which of the St. Peters beers are included in the gift pack?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

St. Peter's will include two relatively new products, INDIA PALE ALE and RUBY RED ALE along with a gorgeous pint glass.