Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A trip to Buffalo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Had a sort of impromptu trip to Rochester this weekend which included a stop at Premier Gourmet and Beers of the World. Didn't buy much but spent a fortune. Here's the haul

2 Westvletern 12
2 Westvletern 8
2 Achel Brune
2 Rochefort 10
2 Victory HopDevil
1 Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
1 Anchor Holiday Ale

Oh and a Westy & Achel chalice.

I currently have all the trappist breweries represented in my cellar!

Cheers, Joe.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2002-11-24 18:03, jcappadocia wrote:

Had a sort of impromptu trip to Rochester this weekend which included a stop at Premier Gourmet and Beers of the World.
GAH! I was hoping that the next person to make a trip to Buffalo would post about it here in advance so I could ask them to pick up a couple of things. Crap!

Anyone else planning a trip down anytime soon? I'd love to tag along (and pitch in for gas money), or at least send you down with some cash and a short shopping list. :smile:

Greg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GregClow on 2002-11-24 20:49 ]</font>

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Sorry Greg. Didn't really know I was going until about 11:00 am yesterday and we were on the road by noon. I'll try and let you know next time we go. Might upset my brother-in-law, though, if you tag along :wink:. Nonetheless, we'll probably be able to work something out.

Cheers, Joe.

Kent

Post by Kent »

Greg,

I have to appologise, I was just at Premier on Saturday. You could have tagged along but that would have involved a round trip to Cleveland and getting stuck in a snow storm in Erie PA.

I should be going once again before Christmas, but this is also a business trip. I would be happy to pick-up for you anything. They have an amazing selection and yet every time I go there, they are constantly appologising for not having more!

I still think a Saturday Bartowl gathering at Premier would be good,with perhaps a continuation at The Pizza Plant. Anyone up for a January get-together?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2002-11-26 20:36 ]</font>

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Kent...

If you do end up making another trip to Buffalo sometime soon, and don't mind picking up a couple of things for me, please email me at greg@stainedproductions.com before you go and I'll send you a list. Thanks!

Greg

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Hey guys,
Thanks for all of the kind words!

FYI, there have been a bunch more new arrivals this week, but I haven't been to the store to verify exactly what came in. There also are three large orders of new/holiday stuff due to arrive next week (hopefully!). So, you may want to hold off until next weekend.

However, I do know that one item we are starting to run short on is the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. It has been selling at a tremendous pace. We're trying to find more, but I'm not sure if/when our stock might get replenished. As always, if you want us to hold anything, just send me an email...

Cheers,
Lyle

Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyle on 2002-11-27 08:59 ]</font>

Beer Snob

Post by Beer Snob »

Greg,
I will be making a trip to Buffalo on 20/12/02 for a bit of a session.The following morning ,regardless of my hangover, I will be heading for 'Premiere' for a few pre-christmas purchases.Can I help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beer Snob on 2002-12-02 18:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beer Snob on 2002-12-02 18:32 ]</font>

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2002-12-02 18:27, Beer Snob wrote:
I will be making a trip to Buffalo on 20/12/02 for a bit of a session.The following morning ,regardless of my hangover, I will be heading for 'Premiere' for a few pre-christmas purchases.Can I help?
I may be sorted before the 20th. But if not, I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer!

Greg