Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

NEW U.S. LISTING

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

We just received the final letter from the LCBO today on the Victory Prima Pils. We now have label approval, 6 pack approval and carton approval but we must now once again confirm everything in writing in a multiple page letter. That will happen within the next week or so and then we're probably looking at 2-3 months before it hits the shelves. Other Victory products coming in on seasonal are a different story. PP will have a Canadian back label. Demand for Victory's products in the U.S. is huge and jumping through labelling hoops for a few hundred cases of any beer every year or two or more just doesn't make economic sense.

Any new updates on the progress of the prima pils procurement process peter?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cannondale wrote:
We just received the final letter from the LCBO today on the Victory Prima Pils. We now have label approval, 6 pack approval and carton approval but we must now once again confirm everything in writing in a multiple page letter. That will happen within the next week or so and then we're probably looking at 2-3 months before it hits the shelves. Other Victory products coming in on seasonal are a different story. PP will have a Canadian back label. Demand for Victory's products in the U.S. is huge and jumping through labelling hoops for a few hundred cases of any beer every year or two or more just doesn't make economic sense.

Any new updates on the progress of the prima pils procurement process peter?

This is great news! I'd love to be able to buy this beer on regular basis.

Unfortunately, the agent has attacked me personally on several occasions, and told others that I am but a fool, and that my wine knowledge is simply my own ignorance, conjured up into some semblance of knowledge that only I understand. I guess all those wine courses I took were also all feeding this ignorance that I obviously possess. Too bad really, I was looking forward to recommending this to a lot of people at work.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Recommend the beer, not the agent.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

El Pinguino wrote:Recommend the beer, not the agent.

They are one and the same unfortunately. $$$
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

How about doing your job instead of bringing silly internet feuds to work? Get over it. Peter's a dick, so what? Doesn't make the beer taste any different.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bytowner wrote:How about doing your job instead of bringing silly internet feuds to work? Get over it. Peter's a dick, so what? Doesn't make the beer taste any different.
I'd like to think that I have some principles, that's all.
It might seem silly to you, but it isn't to me. How about that? And where did I say I didn't do my job? How about that?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

For what its worth, here is what beer reviewers have to say on Prima Pils...

On Beer Advocate its rated number 2 German Pilsener in the world:
http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers?style=41

On Ratebeer its rated number 4 Pilsener in the world:
http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TopBeer ... ?StyleID=4

I'm not a huge fan of the pilsener options available at the LCBO (except for King's awesome take), so it will be great to get some of these in my fridge for the summer.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Just a thought...perhaps we can all lay off the personal attacks? Peter has always been cantankerous and provocative on this forum...I get it, some of you don't like that and some feel personally slighted. My advice? Bitching about him here is both futile and petty and fighting amongst ourselves achieves nothing other than bitterness. Rise above it people.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Agreed Jon, good conversation and discussion without personal attacks would be very welcome on the forum (from consumers and industry folks alike) and in fact represents 99% of what goes on here.

On the subject, the Prima Pils is a terrific beer on its own and an outstanding beer in its style. Fresh King Pilsner (which can be tough to find sometimes) and Pilsner Urquell are my go to's especially in the summer (Grand River Pils will be this year for sure as well, love that beer). I have become more and more of a fan of properly made great pilsners over the past couple of years so any addition to our scene which might encourage OCB members to tackle this style properly to compare would be most welcome (yes, I actually just said Ontario could use more pilsners. GOOD pilsners!).

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yeah - we gotta grow a hide, and we need great Ont pilsners. Two healthy goals there.
In Beerum Veritas

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Nice edit, Belgian ;)
Mat

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Prima Pils is tentatively scheduled to be received by the LCBO on June 9, 2009. The ususal distribution, lab and pricing issues will probably take 3-4 weeks so we should see it on the shelves by end of June/early July.

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

esprit wrote:Prima Pils is tentatively scheduled to be received by the LCBO on June 9, 2009. The ususal distribution, lab and pricing issues will probably take 3-4 weeks so we should see it on the shelves by end of June/early July.
That's some good news, June is prime lawn mowing and pool maintenance season...I will be buying lots I think.

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

Sweet, I'll list it....

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

DragonOfBlood wrote:Victory Prima Pils! Please let it be Prima Pils!
It is dragon.....now ya got me salivating thinking of warm summer evenings with a cold Victory lager. Day-am! 8)
Aventinus rules!