Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

NEW U.S. LISTING

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

pootz wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:Victory Prima Pils! Please let it be Prima Pils!
It is dragon.....now ya got me salivating thinking of warm summer evenings with a cold Victory lager. Day-am! 8)
I hear ya. My summer is going to be inundated with Prima Pils. Of course that is barring any typical LCBO nonsense.

And LOL @ SteelbackGuy. Peter has done more for good beer in this province than you ever will.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

And LOL @ SteelbackGuy. Peter has done more for good beer in this province than you ever will.
Take that Len, you've been LOL'ed! Dragon is going to want your lunch money next! :roll:

Seriously, can we stick to the beer?

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

tupalev wrote:
Seriously, can we stick to the beer?
Last I checked we were discussing beer. Prima Pils to be exact.

Lenny Boy being butt hurt over Peter's abrasive nature is no reason to refrain from recommending one of the best products in the LCBO system to his customers. It's childish.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Lenny Boy being butt hurt over Peter's abrasive nature is no reason to refrain from recommending one of the best products in the LCBO system to his customers. It's childish.
Childish is continuing to take shots at someone 10 days after this dead horse of an argument, well, died. Len can recommend or not recommend whatever he wants last time I checked. But keep at it if it floats your boat.

As for the beer, it is certainly one that is best tasted fresh. Here's hoping all of the usual bureaucratic nonsense does not slow this beer down from arriving on our warm shelves fresh. Beers like Dogfish Head 60 and Southern Tier IPA can hold up a bitter better than a pils I would think. We'll see - I am looking forward to it.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

tupalev wrote:
As for the beer, it is certainly one that is best tasted fresh. Here's hoping all of the usual bureaucratic nonsense does not slow this beer down from arriving on our warm shelves fresh. Beers like Dogfish Head 60 and Southern Tier IPA can hold up a bitter better than a pils I would think. We'll see - I am looking forward to it.
Every Prima Pils I've has have come straight off the unrefrigerated shelves of Premier Gourmet and they have all been fantastic. That leads me to believe as long as the delays aren't ridiculously long we should be okay for freshness.