Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes (Vintage!) Winter Ale

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JB

Great Lakes (Vintage!) Winter Ale

Post by JB »

Hey everyone,

We squirreled away about 20 cases of Winter Ale from last year's run and it's aged very nicely. A bit more rich malty, slightly fruitcakey character dare I say. This is the same version that won Gold at this year's Canadian Brewing Awards.

2007 bottles are available only from our retail store by special request for $6.95 each.

Expect to see this year's edition appearing on LCBO shelves in the next week or so...

Cheers,

John

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Well I'm in! The winter ale was one of my highlights from last year and I picked a number up from the retail store. So 'by special request' I presume we just have to ask at the store for it?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

this years isnt active on the website yet but ill keep my eyes open for it

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Just got back from the brewery, and I was told that there were not any left. Someone had picked up the last 6 (six!) cases earlier that day. What are they doing with it... bathing in it? It wasn't a wasted journey, though, as they did have this year's stock out. Apparently the recipe has been tweaked slightly, but it tastes very similar to last year's. This is a very good beer... I'll just know to cellar my own to try with a year on it!