Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

January LCBO release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Publican

Post by Publican »

Cass, do you know what the complete LCBO release for January is ?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Haven't heard yet. I'll see what I can find.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

OK, here is the upcoming Stouts & Porters promotion, coming out on January 8, 2003:

407981 Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout 550 ml-B
457663 Marston’s Oyster Stout 500 ml-B
532275 Old Growler 500 ml-B
601187 Propeller London Style Porter 650 ml-B
907444 Smuttynose Robust Porter 355 ml-B
926162 Burton Porter 500 ml-B
926170 St. Peter’s Cream Stout 500 ml-B
926188 Rogue Chocolate Stout 650 ml-B

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

I've never had the burton, and I'm looking forward to the rogue too(they do no wrong). also, it's nice to see a new canadian porter coming to the lcbo, if anyone hasn't had the propeller, it's very good.

kp

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

Well, nothing new in that release for me, but Burton, Smutty and Sam Smith's are all worthy of my attention. It's about time Propeller got some beer in the LCBO. They've been selling in BC for a few months now, and I've seen the Propeller Root Beer floating around as well. John Allen seems to be pretty aggressive with the cross-Canada selling, and hopefully we'll see his Pale and ESB here soon - it's been a while for me.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The Rogue Chocolate Stout is really something if I do say so myself...Rogue actually uses Swiss chocolate to make this stuff. I trust that every one of you stout lovers will pick up a bottle at least...if not a case or two to show the LCBO that this kind of product is appreciated.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Man-o-man. Sheryl and I are both stout sluts, so we can't WAIT for January to come. :smile:

And as an advance teaser - our Xmas box from her family in Halifax arrived today, and it included a big bottle of the Propeller Porter. Mmmmmmm...

Greg

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

The Rogue Chocolate Stout is indeed a great beer. A little trivia - it was originally brewed for sale in Japan. However, for some reason the name doesn't translate well, so the Japanese name of the beer roughly translates as "Teddy Bear Beer". The Japanese bottles have a picture of a little stuffed bear holding a heart.
On the North American bottles, there is a picture of Sebbie Buhler - who lives in PA and is one of the best advocates of great beer in the biz (and a fantastically nice person to boot)!

Cheers

Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyle on 2002-12-13 19:05 ]</font>

SirIsm

Post by SirIsm »

I was down at Queens Quay this morning and they had some Oyster Stout and Rogue Shakespeare Stout on the shelf. Couldn't resist the rogue so I picked up a couple of bottles.

Publican

Post by Publican »

Here is the description of Burton Bridge Porter from the CAMRA Good Bottled Beer Guide Ingredients: Pale Malt,crystal malt, choclate malt Callenger and Target hops

A dark red, almost black porter with a aroma of fruit and choclate. Dry roast malt in the taste is backed by gentle, sweet malt, with dryness roast malt and bitterness coming through to dominate the finish

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2002-12-14 12:46, SirIsm wrote:
I was down at Queens Quay this morning and they had some Oyster Stout and Rogue Shakespeare Stout on the shelf.
I was down there this afternoon, and in addition to the ones mentioned above, they also had the Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout on the shelf.

Greg

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Forgot to mention that the QQ LCBO also has a bunch of McAuslan Vintage Ale 2000 on the shelf, in case anyone is looking to stock up.

Greg

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

I was at the Queen's Quay LCBO today, and they have the Nethergate Old Growler.

Good Hunting, Doug

Radek

Post by Radek »

I found one at Baywiev ...

howardt

Post by howardt »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: howardt on 2003-01-06 12:58 ]</font>