Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What will YOU be drinking when the clock strikes midnight?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Quel Que Chose!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Twas sparkling wine, but the last before midnight was Hopslam.

woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

sadly, i was taking down the tree...

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Haven't you heard the warnings about artificial trees? Now a tree made of these would be far more natural and WAY nicer to take down at the end of the holidays.
Last edited by Jon Walker on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

about taking them down bottom first? i heard about that afterwards...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I had nothing on NYE since the next day was my Castries St Lucia shore excursion at 8:00 am. Bleh. But once back on board I grabbed a few Orval on the way up to take a shower... was the most rewarding part of the day after so much traveling around.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Jon Walker wrote: Image
So true.... so true

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Belgian wrote:I had nothing on NYE since the next day was my Castries St Lucia shore excursion at 8:00 am. Bleh. But once back on board I grabbed a few Orval on the way up to take a shower... was the most rewarding part of the day after so much traveling around.
Did you go up to Rodney Bay/Pigeon Island? I spent ten days in St. Lucia a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. Pigeon Island has the ruins of a British Fort built all over it, a geocache, and a very nice bar to sip rum punch while listening to island jazz
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

icemachine wrote:
Belgian wrote:Orval on the way up to take a shower... was the most rewarding part of the day after so much traveling around.
Did you go up to Rodney Bay/Pigeon Island? I spent ten days in St. Lucia a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. Pigeon Island has the ruins of a British Fort built all over it, a geocache, and a very nice bar to sip rum punch while listening to island jazz
I went up near the Pitons, saw the steaming oozing volcanic mud-pit, and had a relatively dull snorkel/swim in a bay inlet stopover during a boat trip. Beautiful coastline and geology though. In all a very long day (mostly on boring bus rides) with a few interesting moments. Your trip sounds great though! :D
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Belgian wrote:
icemachine wrote:
I went up near the Pitons, saw the steaming oozing volcanic mud-pit, and had a relatively dull snorkel/swim in a bay inlet stopover during a boat trip. Beautiful coastline and geology though. In all a very long day (mostly on boring bus rides) with a few interesting moments. Your trip sounds great though! :D
It was very good, went down when I was Scout leader in Bramalea, we did several days of scuba diving, a couple days of hiking and a couple days where the kids got to spend time with local Scout families and the leaders got to kick back. :D:D
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole