Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Cherry Stout Now Available

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Double Chocolate Cherry Stout Now Available

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Everybody
We've bottled up our Double Chocolate Cherry Stout and its now available at the retail store only.

Kegs will be going out to select pubs this week & next.
Just in time for Valentines Day

Our retail store (& brewery) is now located at:
75 Horner Ave, Unit #1
Toronto, ON M8Z 4X5

Major intersection is: QEW & Islington
West on Evans & South on Horner

If you want to leave a voice mail message: 416-252-2739 (ALA-BREW) (I was hoping for ALE BREW, but ALA-BREW sounds magical, kind of like ALA-PEANUT-BUTTER-SANDWICH, from the count)

Retail Store Winter hours are:
Tues-Fri noon-4 pm
Saturday 10-4pm

We have some Pale in stock and hope to bottle the Nut Brown this Thurs or Friday.

I can do quick tours to show the "work in progress". Please note there is still a great deal of work to do.
We are planning on having a grand opening some Saturday in April

Look forward to seeing you in Etobicoke.

Cheers
Ken

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Nice! Looking forward to picking some up for the weekend.

jethro796

Post by jethro796 »

I picked up a bunch of flats this week. This is definitely one of my favs. I prefer the version with cherry, although the "plain" dbl choclate on cask at the victory festival was brilliant as well.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

How do you go south on Horner when it's an east-west street...I'm on my Blackbeery...it's very late at night...strange characters everywhere trying to lure me into driveways...I am afraid...very afraid. Everyone has something in their trenchcoat and I do believe that some of them are body parts....OH MY GOD...is that a chopped up rabbit or are you just happy to see me? Please oh please someone save me..............................................

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

esprit wrote:How do you go south on Horner when it's an east-west street....
Horner is only E-W west of Kipling.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I've always approached Horner from Brown's Line..does it do a jog somewhere? I am old Ukie and we had a hall at Brown's Line and Horner where my old polka band played many a night...but that's another life...

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

esprit wrote:I've always approached Horner from Brown's Line..does it do a jog somewhere?
Just east of Kipling, where it takes a turn and starts northward to Evans.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

This is great news. I hope the tranfer is going well!

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Are you TTC accessible? I work at Lakeshore next to Mr. Christies and you don't seem to be far :-)

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

I think the Islington 110A might work for ya:

http://www3.ttc.ca/Routes/110/Map.jsp

Edited to clarify which Islington 110 to take.
Last edited by skaghevn on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Excellent! Always up for this delicious brew!

:P [/img]

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

skaghevn wrote:I think the Islington 110A might work for ya:

http://www3.ttc.ca/Routes/110/Map.jsp

Edited to clarify which Islington 110 to take.

Much appreciated :-)

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I picked up a sixer at the brewery this afternoon. It was neat to see the progress made at the facilities already but clearly there is a lot of work yet to be done. The beer is quite tasty! I think I tried it last summer but it was on a day when I'd tasted a few more than I probably should have. Drinking a few too many is OK ( sometimes ) but after a whole bunch of new brews it gets hard to remember the details of each of them. I have enjoyed it a lot tonight. My wife thought it tasted 'a bit like cola'. I wasn't quite sure what to make of that but she really likes cola so I can only assume it is a good thing. The carbonation in it seems a little more like soda than most beer, maybe that was part of her experience.

They were brewing the pale ale and boy did the place smell fantastic!!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I had this one on tap last year and it was pretty delicious. I was very impressed. It's too bad we don't get much of Black Oak's stuff in the KW region. A few sixers of the pale ale show up around summer-time and that's about it :( .