Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Corsedonk bier Bubbly New Year

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

howardt

Post by howardt »

Just sitting around enjoying some different beers with the 2 people who's opinion about these things I respect the most. As I mentioned before, the Smuttynose Porter was great and the French bier de garde very good (I can already hear the I told ya so's). The Petrus (all brands) was an unfortunate pass and the Corsedonk...wait for it...lovely. :smile: I was worried at first because it whiffed of that god awful pine tar in La Chouffe, but in the end it was well balanced and interesting.

Happy New Year friends in beer. Those of us in the biz never say thanks enough to the people who really keep it interesting...the true fan of beer. Thanks (sic).

Howard

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Howard,
Cellar the Corsendonk Christmas for 2 years. It undergoes an amazing transformation. We've done blind vertical tastings on numerous occasions and the results are always the same - that beer is phenomenal at 2 years of age. Just phenomenal.

Cheers
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Anyone who bought some Corsendonk Christmas from us this year will be pleased to know that those bottles are in fact just over 2 years old so you needn't cellar them as they're drinking beautifully...if Lyle has posted this earlier we would have charged more!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Just another note, I'm guessing that Howard is talking about the 750ml bottles of Corsendonk Pater the LCBO offered this year but it's also a super brew. In regards to Biere de Garde, if you liked the Jenlain then you'd love our La Choulette who are by many accounts considered to be the finest producers of Biere de Garde in France. We're out of stock right now but have an order on the way of both their Ambree and their Blonde....we'll certainly post when the product arrives but any fan of quality Belgian ales will be a fan of La Choulette!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Happy New Year to everyone! Personally I toasted the new year with some champagne and Propeller Pale Ale, as I was in Halifax for a few days. I'll put together a "Bar Towel on the Road" report in a couple of days.

Cass