Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

I.P.Eh?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Queef

I.P.Eh?

Post by Queef »

Thats kind of funny. Sounds tasty, anyone know who is serving it next friday? There was a list up on the site, but I don't see it anymore. Was pretty sure there was a list of places on tap that would have it.

Beaver River I.P. Eh? (Available Starting Apr. 24) – Inspired by the Beaver River (rivière Castor), which connects Ottawa to many communities to the East, this IPA is designed to appeal to Hop Heads. Taking the malt and yeast profile of a traditional British style India Pale Ale and adding an American-style citrusy punch, our Beaver River is both assertive and drinkable. Beaver River is brewed with local spring water and the ingredients are 100% certified organic.
it's beer o'clock.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Queef

Post by Queef »

yup, thats where the list of places it would be on tap was, but now it's gone. I think it said Cheshire Cat in Carp for one.
it's beer o'clock.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Huh, interesting that they changed the name. I think the Black Tomato here in Ottawa is usually good for the Beau's seasonals, but I could be wrong. I was under the impression you can't get their seasonals outside of the NCR. Maybe Steve B is lurking around and can let you know. I'm going to head out to the brewery next Saturday to pick some up, very excited about this one!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I just talked to a rep at the brewery. This will be available as of Friday at Play, Pub Italia, and Cheshire Cat. And I'll be in Ottawa all next week, so I'll get to try it.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Thanks for the info. It's awesome that they will be serving it at Play. Play is the new "it" restaurant in Ottawa, opened by our most acclaimed restauranteur and sommelier, Stephen Beckta. It's good news when you see haute cuisine establishments respecting local beer, especially when they start to stock seasonals.

Queef

Post by Queef »

Bytowner wrote:Thanks for the info. It's awesome that they will be serving it at Play. Play is the new "it" restaurant in Ottawa, opened by our most acclaimed restauranteur and sommelier, Stephen Beckta. It's good news when you see haute cuisine establishments respecting local beer, especially when they start to stock seasonals.
I believe it's also the only draught beer they carry as well.
it's beer o'clock.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Had this today at the brewery and was sort of expecting the worst.. but it's good! Slightly sweet and fruity up front with a nice bitter hop finish without being over the top. Very sessionable. I'm looking forward to breaking into the growler tomorrow.

BTW.. I was at Pub Italia last night and was told that they are not expecting to have this in for another 1-2 weeks.. they need to finish what they have on hand first.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

This is good. I wasn't overly impressed with my sample at the brewery, but my bottle is fantastic. Nothing (canadian) like this in these parts. Not sure if Ralphus would agree with me, but I think it gives ST and DFH 60 a run for their money. I see similarities with DFH.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Grrrr. I went out to the Cheshire Cat last night thinking this would be on tap. I gues I'll have to go to the brewery to get some. Fortunately, Beau's is open on Sunday :-)

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Bytowner.. I think it does. I just wish we could get it at the LCBO!

Last night a friend and I drank the growler of IP-Eh, followed by some Thomas Hardy, Brutal Bitter, Dead Guy & St. Ambroise Vintage.. they are all very good but the one we enjoyed the most was the IP-Eh.

Queef

Post by Queef »

GREAT stuff. Got out to brewery for some on the weekend. Haven't made it down to try the grand river crummudgeon, but I have yet to have anything Ontario made like this yet.
The similarities to DFH, I have to agree, and thats saying alot.
it's beer o'clock.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Is this only available from the brewery directly? Any options for getting some in southern ontario without making the 5 or so hour drive?

For regional products from breweries like this, will the LCBO do a store to store transfer if you order a full case? And if they don't carry it, anyone know if you can do a private order for something in Ontario (kind of ridiculous you would need to, but...). At least the shipping charge should be low.

Queef

Post by Queef »

As far as I know it's only available at the brewery. Last I heard none of the seasonals are available at the lcbo until next winter with maybe the bogwater?
it's beer o'clock.

Jenn89

Post by Jenn89 »

Hey Bar Towelers,

It's Jen from Beau's... just wanted to add that the following are also carrying Beaver River as of as soon as we can get them it (truck broke down again today :))

Buell St Bistro, Brockville
Sam Jakes Inn, Merrickville
The Branch, Kemptville
Serendipity Bistro, Merrickville
Casselman Restaurant (and home of the namesake Beaver river!)
Blueberry Hill Bistro, Vankleek Hill (But hey, if you drove that far, you have to come see us too!)

Cheshire Cat should be picking it up this week too, we are stalled because Dustin wants to serve it cask conditioned, and I'm so excited about that, that we are trying to work out the logistics. Hopefully we'll get it to the Cat in regular format in the meantime ASAP. You can email me with my name at beaus.ca to find out more. Cheers! Jen