Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Victory Prima Pils

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

DragonOfBlood wrote:Any updates on Prima Pils?
i was wondering the same thing?? :-?

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

matt7215 wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:Any updates on Prima Pils?
i was wondering the same thing?? :-?
Me tooooooooooo.... I had this for the first time on my recent trip to NYC, and it's damn good.

The hot weather is here, and I need this bad boy.

May I just say (I know this isn't the correct thread), that the US is amazing for craft beer. I knew it was good, but I didn't realize HOW good. The beer itself is often amazing, but EVERYWHERE serves at least a few solid choices.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JesseMcG wrote: May I just say (I know this isn't the correct thread), that the US is amazing for craft beer. I knew it was good, but I didn't realize HOW good. The beer itself is often amazing, but EVERYWHERE serves at least a few solid choices.
You may just say. I have just this year formed the identical impression of New York State, and now feel very much like an Ontario veal calf seeing the first light of day. Our province is completely in the dark.

No wonder our beer scene is at least 10 years behind the USA! People like us who would really like and support great beer just don't know!! Probably half our micro brewers don't either, the reality is lost on them. Chicken-and-omelette situation.

I will also briefly say I now view trips to the Buffalo area as a routine bottle shopping option. And just because you've tried a beer here doesn't necessarily mean you've 100% had it ie. very dresh on draught (if I see Prima Pils or any LCBO beer in the USA on tap I will sample it. Brooklyn Lager was nearly mind-blowing in Newark.)
In Beerum Veritas

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Belgian wrote:
JesseMcG wrote: May I just say (I know this isn't the correct thread), that the US is amazing for craft beer. I knew it was good, but I didn't realize HOW good. The beer itself is often amazing, but EVERYWHERE serves at least a few solid choices.
You may just say. I have just this year formed the identical impression of New York State, and now feel very much like an Ontario veal calf seeing the first light of day. Our province is completely in the dark.

No wonder our beer scene is at least 10 years behind the USA! People like us who would really like and support great beer just don't know!! Probably half our micro brewers don't either, the reality is lost on them. Chicken-and-omelette situation.

I will also briefly say I now view trips to the Buffalo area as a routine bottle shopping option. And just because you've tried a beer here doesn't necessarily mean you've 100% had it ie. very dresh on draught (if I see Prima Pils or any LCBO beer in the USA on tap I will sample it. Brooklyn Lager was nearly mind-blowing in Newark.)
On the same trip, I had a couple of pints of Brooklyn Lager IN Brooklyn. I'd have to say it was pretty fresh!! The funny part... I was charged for 2 "import pints'. Ha ha. I realize this is just because it is priced the same as an import pint, but I thought that was pretty funny.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:

Brooklyn Lager is available in quite a few places. It is on tap at a couple places in London. Surely you can find it in Otnorot?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I just occurred to me that the LCBO may be mirroring it's workforce policy of temporary seasonal employees in it's temporary seasonal listing model.
I guess this helps them save the cost of unnecessary customer loyalty. :o

austin

Post by austin »

We've been down this road a million times on this site. The lcbo doesn't care about customer loyalty but the gov't does care about votes. Ya gotta put pressure on our MPPs if you want to see change in the distribution system known as the LCBO. Until then, we will continue to get our supply through consignment and travel.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Two weeks ago I was advised that Prima was in lab. The strike threat and sudden depletion of retail inventories may be holding it up as they try to get stores back to normal inventory levels. The LCBO has even advised us that they'll be doing inter-warehouse transfers if there is no stock in the main warehouse while they frantically start placing orders with suppliers. I would hope we'll see Prima start hitting stores in about 2 - 3 weeks.[/i]

wilco

Post by wilco »

This is now showing up on the LCBO website, albeit without a price or any availability. Still, it's almost here!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Just in time for summer to almost be over. Better timing than I first thought!

As long as it is on the shelf before August 22nd i'll be happy.
Last edited by Ale's What Cures Ya on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

sweet. should be in stores for the long weekend!

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

wilco wrote:This is now showing up on the LCBO website, albeit without a price or any availability. Still, it's almost here!
Availability is still not up but the price is: $14.95 per six pack.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Looks like four showed up in Lindsay:

http://lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/in ... ber=123281

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

And so it begins. :D

bartle

Post by bartle »

This is by far one of the best pilsners I have ever tasted.
Golden and light. Thin white head, with decent retention and a little bit of lacing down to the last drop.

A grassy aroma, with slight fruity esters showing through. More floral than anything.

A great balance of malt and hops. The dryness of the hops is perfect. Just smooth with a bitter bite. Very floral, a little green apple on the tongue...and hops... beautiful hops.

dry, crisp. moderate carbonation. A perfect summer drinker.

As someone who likes hopped up ales, this could really turn me on to German Pilsners.

C'est bon!

worth every penny.

Cheers!
enjoi