Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Victory Prima Pils

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

looking at the store stock right now, if I wanted any I would have to drive from St. Catharines to Oakville. At least I only have to drive to Hamilton from here for a six pack of southern tier.
Perhaps I will order a a case for myself as an august treat.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:Here is my only thought on attempting today to get some Prima Pils at my locel store:

Fucking LCBO.
It really shouldn't be that difficult.
They don't have a product you are looking for, then you ask them to transfer them some in for you. You are the customer. It is not optional for them...you ask for a transfer, you get it. At least that is the way I work. It's not your fault you live in a small town with poor selection. You shouldn't suffer.

If the employee says no, then you talk to the manager, if the manager says no, then you go to the District Manager...here I'll even do you one better and give you her name. It is Patti Davis. Heck, I'll even go so far as to tell you that her office is located IN the Stratford store.

If this doesn't work for some bizzare reason, I'll force a case on them if you give me your info, then when it arrives there, they'll have to call you to come get it.

I am on the customers side, and will help whenever and wherever I can.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Oh I got the transfer. It's still ridiculous.

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

Picked some up in Brantford today, was all set to go to Oakville too.. haha. Good stuff, more hops than I was expecting.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

OT, but: best "pub" I could find in Stratford after considerable research was the downstairs bar at Pazzo. They have both the Stratford Pils and Stratford Common (which is quite good) on tap.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

I picked a pack up this evening in the LCBO then thought to myself that a certain person might be the agent for them (as I wasn't sure) so I put them back on the shelf....

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Garthicus wrote:I picked a pack up this evening in the LCBO then thought to myself that a certain person might be the agent for them (as I wasn't sure) so I put them back on the shelf....
You sure showed that certain person. :roll:
midlife crisis wrote:OT, but: best "pub" I could find in Stratford after considerable research was the downstairs bar at Pazzo. They have both the Stratford Pils and Stratford Common (which is quite good) on tap.
Nah dude, Boar's Head. Fuller's ESB on tap trumps both the Stratford Common and the Pilsner and the Boar's Head has better atmosphere.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
Garthicus wrote:I picked a pack up this evening in the LCBO then thought to myself that a certain person might be the agent for them (as I wasn't sure) so I put them back on the shelf....
midlife crisis wrote:OT, but: best "pub" I could find in Stratford after considerable research was the downstairs bar at Pazzo. They have both the Stratford Pils and Stratford Common (which is quite good) on tap.
Nah dude, Boar's Head. Fuller's ESB on tap trumps both the Stratford Common and the Pilsner and the Boar's Head has better atmosphere.
*Edited for content*

Al, how dare you voice an opinion on here? Only a select few are allowed to do so. When you reach that status, you will be advised via PM, but until then, you are prohibited from actually voicing a valid opinion.
Last edited by SteelbackGuy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

DragonOfBlood wrote:

Yeah I did... and if I choose to do so then it's my prerogative. I forgot that this was your forum and we can only post opinions that you agree with. Sorry, in future I'll run it by you for your approval.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Garthicus wrote: Yeah I did... and if I choose to do so then it's my prerogative. I forgot that this was your forum and we can only post opinions that you agree with. Sorry, in future I'll run it by you for your approval.
No one said you couldn't choose to make your own decisions. Of course you can. Just like I can laugh at the tantrums people throw over Peter's abrasiveness. It's like being in grade 3 all over again.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I found some today. I had never tried it before.

This is excellent beer! Probably at the top of the style.

Sometimes I can do little more than just feel grateful. :P

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

It just struck me tonight that this beer reminds me very much of the Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted. Never picked up on this before...anyone else notice this?

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

velovampire wrote:It just struck me tonight that this beer reminds me very much of the Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted. Never picked up on this before...anyone else notice this?
I had a Prima last night, and I thought the smell was very similar to B & T. Not so much the taste, but I definitely noticed it in the aroma.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Hawks28 wrote:
velovampire wrote:It just struck me tonight that this beer reminds me very much of the Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted. Never picked up on this before...anyone else notice this?
I had a Prima last night, and I thought the smell was very similar to B & T. Not so much the taste, but I definitely noticed it in the aroma.
That is mainly where I found the similarity as well. A bit in the taste, but the aroma was almost identical. Must be the hopping, but strange as they are stylistically different...