Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Labatt suing Brick over Red Baron Packaging

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Chris

Post by Chris »

The Ontario gov't should definitely break the foreign stranglehold on the beer that Ontario consumers drink! This just highlights the ineptitude of our regulators! Put the beer store back in the hands of Ontario! OR allow new owners to enter the market! (ie private beer stores!!!)

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Settled - Brick's going to be changing their packaging.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c5756.html

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

"We will use the opportunity presented by this settlement to introduce a new look for Red Baron."

Bill Sharpe was the guy who developed Lakeport including the PC brand, Daves and then the Lakeport brand (Theresa got the credit). He toured me around Lakeport and showed me stacks and stacks of skids of beer he launched in Quebec that looked identical to Molson Dry. He told me that he had been sued by Molson and Lakeport received huge bucks to change their packaging (and he showed that self satisfied grin he often showed). He suggested he got publicity he never could of bought and got paid to relaunch it again. History repeating itself? :wink: