Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Your 'Go-To' Summer Beers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

R&R mentioned they have a large order on its way, you'd have to check with them for specifics
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Fuller's ESB
Mill Street Tankhouse
Denisons Weissbier
Black Oak Saison (if/when available)
St. Ambroise Oatmeal stout (stouts appeal to me year round)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Hacker Pschorr Weisse
Pilsner Urquell
Railway City Blonde
Czechvar
Durham Signature
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Last year I was really diggin the Taps Vanilla Wheat and I think they had a Strawberry Wheat in non descript grey cans that was pretty good.

This year it will probably be those and the IPAs/PAs I have been drinking so far.
SN Torpedo
SN Pale
DFH 60
Sgt Major if I can find it.
I usually keep some PC Honey Red around as a lawnmower beer and in case we have people over.

On the must buy list are....

True North IPA(how is that stuff anyways)
Any of the Grand River stuff
Prima Pils
Pumphouse Blueberry
Hoptical Illusion if I can get it near me....

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Mill St. Tankhouse Ale
Schneider Weisse
Denison's when available...

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Mill Street Tankhouse
True North IPA
King Pilsner
Anything from Grand River

and maybe a few bottles of Blue aka "The Good Stuff" for lawnmower beer. I still have some in my fridge so I might as well drink it :)

carguy

Post by carguy »

Grand River Plowmans, Bitter & Twisted, and Fruli will be my summer mainstays. Last summer, it was Black Sheep Ale, but my local LCBO doesn't stock it anymore. Also, Hacker Pschorr Hefe Wisse and Big Rock Grasshopper Wheat for the wife.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

It'll certainly be nice to have Denison's in a bottle... though at $80 a pin, I'm still tempted to get a kegerator:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... c&start=28

I'm looking forward to the Prima Pils, the Creemore Keller, some Grand River's & any IPAs that cross my path.

Hopefully we'll see some hoptical illusion as well, a local, very drinkable hop fix.

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

I forgot about the Flying Monkey offerings in the mix, that will for sure be fighting for space in the fridge.

On that note, I tried the Robert Simpson Anti-Gravity over the Christmas break and said to myself that it would be very solid summer beer. I will have to test that theory 8)

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Having tested a couple pints up at the brewery this afternoon, I can say the Hoptical Illusion will definitely be well stocked in my fridge this summer. Friday nights tasting didn't do justice to the beer, a couple pints at the brewery, and boy did the Amarillo shine through.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

icemachine wrote:Having tested a couple pints up at the brewery this afternoon, I can say the Hoptical Illusion will definitely be well stocked in my fridge this summer. Friday nights tasting didn't do justice to the beer, a couple pints at the brewery, and boy did the Amarillo shine through.
That's what I was thinking as well. I enjoyed, but wasn't blown-away by the C'est What sample, but I am very much looking forward to retrying this in a more adequate serving size... 8)

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

You people are killing me. With all your c'est what and volo beer tastings. I live a desert out here in St. Catharines. All this talk is making me thirsty, so much so I am tempted to drive up to Toronto! If anyone in the Niagara region is game let me know.

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

dutchcanuck wrote:You people are killing me. With all your c'est what and volo beer tastings. I live a desert out here in St. Catharines. All this talk is making me thirsty, so much so I am tempted to drive up to Toronto! If anyone in the Niagara region is game let me know.
Yo, you should totally drive over to Barfallo (sp?) and go to premier gourmet, consumer beverages, and the Merchant beer store and buy lots of beer and then say.... "where's your precious volo now bitches?!?!" And we'd all be like, "Man.... I wish i could live next to a city that sells all those beers."

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Guybrush wrote:
dutchcanuck wrote:You people are killing me. With all your c'est what and volo beer tastings. I live a desert out here in St. Catharines. All this talk is making me thirsty, so much so I am tempted to drive up to Toronto! If anyone in the Niagara region is game let me know.
Yo, you should totally drive over to Barfallo (sp?) and go to premier gourmet, consumer beverages, and the Merchant beer store and buy lots of beer and then say.... "where's your precious volo now bitches?!?!" And we'd all be like, "Man.... I wish i could live next to a city that sells all those beers."

Yeah, actually, you and I aren't far (about 40 minutes) from Ryan's Party Store in Port Huron. Rogue, DHF, Smuttynose, Jolly Pumpkin, Bells, Arcadia, MI Brewing, and many many more are available there. I should really go more.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Steelbackguy, not to mention Kuhnhenn only about an hour and a half or less away.
Mat