Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Your 'Go-To' Summer Beers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Your 'Go-To' Summer Beers

Post by Bobsy »

Hey boys and girls, I was wondering what everyone's fridge staples were going to beer this summer? Our fridge will contain my wife's favourite beer (thank you Michael for finally getting the weisse into the lcbo), Muskoka Hefe, True North IPA and Black Oak's Saison.

So, what about you guys? What beers will you be keeping on hand to enjoy while the weather is warm and sunny?

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Weihenstephaner, Creemore, Prima Pils, variety of pale ales, variety of saisons (if I can get to Buffalo often enough), will try to get a hold of some Dennisons...
Mat

TJ

Post by TJ »

This year it's looking like Muskoka Hefe, King Pilsner and, there's likely going to be a six each of Mill St Stock Ale and Tankhouse at any given time. I find the Stock Ale seems to appease most macro drinkers so I usually keep some on hand for them.

I'd keep a few bottles of IPEh on hand if I could.
Last edited by TJ on Mon May 25, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Pilsner Urquel
Fullers ESB
Tankhouse
Homebrewed Saison
the whole Grand River lineup

Magni

Post by Magni »

Tankhouse, Creemore, Mill St. Lemon Tea (I live off Parliament), Propeller ESB (By the 2-4), Muskoka Hefe

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

I am going to stick to the IPAs, Victory Prima Pils (awesome beer) and whatever Hefeweissens I can get my hands on. I've rediscovered just how much I enjoy Anchor's Liberty Ale and will keep this constantly stocked.
I just have to cross my fingers that Ontario brewers get some good IPAs into the LCBO this spring/summer. With the new laws coming into effect I doubt I'll be traveling to Buffalo as much as I used too. I don't have a Canadian passport and travel on Dutch passport therefore I'm afraid of getting hassled at the border.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

dutchcanuck wrote:I don't have a Canadian passport and travel on Dutch passport therefore I'm afraid of getting hassled at the border.
You're right to worry. I always used to get a lot of hassle with my British passport, which made no sense at all. Does being British make me more likely to be a threat than if I was Canadian? Every time it would be a hassle, but they'd eventually let me through. I finally got my Canadian passport last month, so hopefully I won't be made to feel like such an outsider when I go to the States now.

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Don't worry, they'll always treat you like an outsider, at the border. :)
Mat

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Anchor Liberty Ale
Christoffel Blond
DFH 60 (I'd switch to True North IPA if the closest place to find it wasn't the brewery)
Hannenberg Pils
Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted

REALLY looking forward to Denison's

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Summer:
Denisons Weisse may become my "beer crack" this summer.
IPAs - Stone or equivalent.
eg. Mike Duggan #9 IPA when I can find it, fantastic.
Tons or Orval on hand. :drool;
I'd love to see some Saison, care to trade that homebrew matt??

Fall:
My "beer addict mode" will shift to Péché Mortel when it hits later this year. I am just recently very switched on to great Impy Stouts (ones that have great balance and a decadent creamy-smooth feel.)

Stouts, stouts, stouts... better get more exercise, LOL!

What a great beer-planning thread. Cheers!
JK
In Beerum Veritas

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

I like to keep some lighter beer on hand in the warm weather though I will drink a stout in 30 deg weather.

Steam Whistle Pils
Mill St. Tankhouse (never a bad season for it)
Mill St. Stock Ale (wifes brew of choice)
Wit or Hef beer (finally developed a taste for it!)
Creemore Springs Lager

Last and certainly least I tend to grab a few Lakeport Honey Brown. :o Hear me out before revocking my registration. I like it for the days when doing yard work and I just want a cold - go to the fridge - no glassware - beer that I can drink down with no fuss. Plus if friends drop by I can hord the good beer for myself and feed them this. Now go ahead and revoke my registration. :wink:

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Amsterdam Big Wheel (love locally produced canned i.e. easily "transportable"ales)
Black Oak Saison (one of my favourite summer beers, EVER)
Church Key West Coast (if I can make it up to the brewery in the next month or so)
Great Lakes Orange Peel
Tankhouse (a year-round staple)
Muskoka Hefe (until Denison's gets here...)

And, assuming they are made available (through the LCBO) soonish:
Barley Days Summer Light
Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Nickelbrook Green Apple Pilsner
Great Lakes Orange Peel
Brooklyn Lager
Pilsner Rotation: Steamwhistle, King, Pilsner Urquel, Stratford, Staropramen (would love to get Grand River here)
Weihenstephaner (until Denison's is available)
"Boring" lager rotation: Muskoka, Trailhead, Neustadt

The Church Key Cranberry Maple would be there too if I could get it easily.
lister

Dokta Owange

Post by Dokta Owange »

Prima Pils
DFH 60
ST IPA
ST Raspberry Wheat
Pumphouse Blueberry

TJ

Post by TJ »

Dokta Owange wrote:Prima PilsST IPA
I might have added that to my list but I haven't seen it in a single LCBO I have visited in ages and the LCBO website seems to indicate their inventory is low.

Does anyone know if and when they'll get more?