Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mill Street Mixed Brewpub 6

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Mill Street Mixed Brewpub 6

Post by SteelbackGuy »

My LCBO location got a large amount of these today. We aren't allowed to sell them, as they are still listed as a new item, but it is a 6 pack containing :

Organic Lager
Coffee porter
Tankhouse
Belgian Wit
Stock Ale
Pilsner

Enjoy!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Do you know when they will be available for sale at the LCBO?

I wouldn't mind trying the Pilsner.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Here is a small blurb on the six pack that I posted back in April. Seems there will be another one in the fall too.

http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... -pack.html

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Well I will be interested to see what their pilsner is like. The rest I have already tried and thoroughly enjoyed.

A shame though that it didn't include the Milk Stout.

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Yeah, it would have been nice to see some of the brewpub-only (so far) products in there. I mean, it is called Brewpub 6 :)

The triple, the milk stout, etc.
Mat

Magni

Post by Magni »

They were already for sale at the brewpub store on Friday - the Pilsner is good, well balanced, it'll be a good summer beer for sure.

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Glad to hear the pils is good.

I really hope they are going with a pilsner to appeal to the summer season. With the fall winter season bringing something like a stout, IPA, Scottish ale or triple? I think they already have enough tame beers in the line up with the stock ale and organic lager. The pils is a nice addition for sure but I don't want to see them only releasing tame beers when we know they produce some great full flavoured offerings.

Time will tell :D

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Anyone know the pricepoint for this product? I presume it will be the same cost as their regular six-packs?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Matty D wrote: With the fall winter season bringing something like a stout, IPA, Scottish ale or triple?
don't think so. they'll probably go with their barley wine again.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

They were on the floor at Atrium on Bay today. I think they were priced at $12.95 (didn't buy one... yet).

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I got one at Summerhill last night, and they were priced a little under $13. Its nice to have some variety in the fridge, so I'll buy a few over the summer. I also think they've done a great job of packaging this, and I think it will sell very well. Mill Street have a great mix of styles for pulling more people into the craft world, and I have my fingers crossed that they have a lot of success with this one.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i bought this today. $12.75 / sixer. ive had the pils, org lager and stock ale. the only brew that was new to me was the pils. the pils was awesome, just awesome! the org lager was lame and tasted like peanut shells. the stock ale was good. its a solid golden ale but nothing really special.

ill be buying more of these packs just for the pils!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:i bought this today. $12.75 / sixer. ive had the pils, org lager and stock ale. the only brew that was new to me was the pils. the pils was awesome, just awesome! the org lager was lame and tasted like peanut shells. the stock ale was good. its a solid golden ale but nothing really special.

ill be buying more of these packs just for the pils!
Agree it is very good. TOo bad we can't get it in 6.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Magni

Post by Magni »

It's a shame because if you want six (in bottles) it lands you 15$ at the brewpub. Given how stellar the beer is I would lap up the opportunity to buy it in 6-packs. I mean, you can't always bring your growler everywhere...

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Guys the mix 6'er just launched and we're already complaining that we cannot get the pils in 6'ers of its own? Did it occur that maybe this is a good way to get some feedback on the pils before they determine if it is received well enough to launch it on its own? One step at a time folks. The fact that we have a mix 6'er available from a solid Ontario micro is a big step in itself - I know it is something I have been asking for for years. I'm sure if this is a success they will test out more brewpub favourites in the future.

Mill St. continues to blaze and pretty impressive path in terms of expansion, sales, and availability, all while maintaining great quality beers and experimenting at the brewpub. I now use Mill St. as the standard whenever I hear an Ontario micro say they cannot do something.

Now off to look for this mix pack in KW - I tried the pils a few years ago and liked it, but this new tweaked version sounds promising!