Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Creemore Springs launch Kellerbier

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Picked up the last 4 cans on the shelf at the Stanley Park LCBO in Kitchener. They probably had more.. but that's all I saw.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

kinguy wrote:Heard from a friend today that this is now available at the LCBO at Yonge & Eglinton.
Didn't see any. Nothing listed online. No useful store help. Check, check check.

I did sample an extremely solid Alsacian Gewürtztraminer at one store, made by DOPFF & IRION and only $15.95. They also had a fairly bland Sylvaner (sill-VAH-nur) which the taster lady pronounced to rhyme with 'Chardonnay.' Don't know if that's the French way of saying Sylvaner?
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
kinguy wrote:Heard from a friend today that this is now available at the LCBO at Yonge & Eglinton.
Didn't see any. Nothing listed online. No useful store help. Check, check check.

I did sample an extremely solid Alsacian Gewürtztraminer at one store, made by DOPFF & IRION and only $15.95. They also had a fairly bland Sylvaner (sill-VAH-nur) which the taster lady pronounced to rhyme with 'Chardonnay.' Don't know if that's the French way of saying Sylvaner?
There is plenty listed online. A quick search reveals that:

Queens Quay
keele and St Clair
younge and eglington
hwy 401 and weston
bloor and royal york
mccowan and finch

all of these stores have 200 cans or thereabouts.....and that is just in toronto.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

SteelbackGuy wrote:

ueens Quay
keele and St Clair
younge and eglington
hwy 401 aQnd weston
bloor and royal york
mccowan and finch

all of these stores have 200 cans or thereabouts.....and that is just in toronto.
Er, Len? That's not online, pal. That'd be your internal intranet, i presume, cause it's not on the website. Thanks for the update though! For what it's worth, the folks at Queen's Quay seemed to think it was getting there Monday.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Belgian wrote:

I don't know the wine, but I can't think of any French words ending in 'er' that aren't pronounced 'eh', so I guess rhyming with chardonnay is more or less right.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

I picked up a couple of cases from the Ottawa (Rideau & King Edward) LCBO today. It seemed to be going fast, unless there's more in the back. It's a very nice beer. I didn't expect it to as light tasting as it is (as it's labelled "Generously Hopped") but it's a good summer beer. The case says to keep it refrigerated but the LCBO had it just sitting out on the floor outside the refrigerated section. It was pretty prominently displayed so it may not last long enough to suffer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

tuqueboy wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

ueens Quay
keele and St Clair
younge and eglington
hwy 401 aQnd weston
bloor and royal york
mccowan and finch

Er, Len? That's not online, pal. That'd be your internal intranet, i presume, cause it's not on the website. Thanks for the update though! For what it's worth, the folks at Queen's Quay seemed to think it was getting there Monday.

Whoops, my bad. I checked from work when I posted on here. But it is a listed item now so it should show anyway. It will be showing by Monday after the net is updated after the weekend I guess.

In any event, there are hundreds of stores that have this now so should be easy to get.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Nuttin' in Ottawa-Orleans. Hope the stock holds out at Rideau tomorrow!

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

Bytowner wrote:Nuttin' in Ottawa-Orleans. Hope the stock holds out at Rideau tomorrow!
You should be safe. I was at Rideau after 5 pm and it was going but there were still quite a few cases left. They could well have a bunch more in the back; hopefully it will show up on their web site and we can know for sure.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Inkling wrote:
Bytowner wrote:Nuttin' in Ottawa-Orleans. Hope the stock holds out at Rideau tomorrow!
You should be safe. I was at Rideau after 5 pm and it was going but there were still quite a few cases left. They could well have a bunch more in the back; hopefully it will show up on their web site and we can know for sure.

You can always call as well.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Nothing showing in the Niagara region online. I guess I will have to wait until Monday to see what's available.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Just brought home a 8 pack from Crossroads LCBO (401 & Weston ). Quite a few left in the display they had set up for it but none in the cooler.

I wanted to get a single regular size can of almost any beer to make a beer can chicken with but the cashier told me they don't sell the one can of Bud (!) that I had pulled out of the cooler as a single and she took it away. I was going to discuss the LCBO policy of selling anything as a single with her and perhaps her manager when I realized she hadn't charged me for the Kellerbier so I decided to have that chat another day. I am sure I can find a can of something to use for the chicken ;)

By the time my chicken is ready the Keller should be well chilled. I am looking forward to both!

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

just picked up a few from my local, looking forward to trying in a couple hours. Of course, they have had it since Friday, and still havent put any out on the shelves, even though they have a huge poster for it in the middle of the store. Had to have the guy get me some from the back. I was hoping it would be cold, since it says right on the boxes to keep it refrigerated. But it couldnt have deteriorated much, if at all, after a day or 2 right?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Hawks28 wrote:just picked up a few from my local, looking forward to trying in a couple hours. Of course, they have had it since Friday, and still havent put any out on the shelves, even though they have a huge poster for it in the middle of the store. Had to have the guy get me some from the back. I was hoping it would be cold, since it says right on the boxes to keep it refrigerated. But it couldnt have deteriorated much, if at all, after a day or 2 right?
It'll be fine. And that refrigerate please thing is only a suggestion.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Hawks28 wrote:...and still havent put any out on the shelves, even though they have a huge poster for it in the middle of the store. Had to have the guy get me some from the back....
Had the same experience at Pickering Brock Road. I noticed the sign while waiting in line, and, certain that I hadn't seen it on the shelves, asked the gentlemen at the cash, who apologetically, asked another employee to grab me eight out of the back. He was as perplexed as I as to why the sign would be out before the beer.

Nice sign. Must have cost Molson's a few bucks.

Nice beer, too. After trying it, I don't understand why anyone would filter a lager. Unless they're trying to remove the taste.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman