Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Creemore Springs launch Kellerbier

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Slacks

Creemore Springs launch Kellerbier

Post by Slacks »

Hey all,

Quick "open and honest" disclaimer that this information comes via the right sources - straight from the brewery - as my day job allows me to work with the friendly folks at Creemore on a regular basis.

Creemore Springs have produced a new seasonal called Creemore Springs Kellerbier. The promise from the brewmaster, who got the idea during a trip to Germany, is "lower in carbonation and abundant with hop aroma and flavour, we small batch brew this unique style of beer using only 4 natural ingredients and package it unfiltered. Surprisingly thirst quenching our Kellerbier has a citrus spicy finish left by the unfiltered yeast and a lavish malt backbone."

It's a special LCBO and retail store release of only 400 hl (roughly 80,000 cans) and hits shelves starting July 19th.

Check the Events section shortly for some information on a special launch tasting coming up Monday, June 22nd. Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers,
Rick.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Hell, yeah! Bring it on Creemore - a beer style for those who 'get' it.

Creemore are remarkably restrained producing only two flagship products plus a seasonal Bock before this Kellerbier. So it can't be bad! (Maybe in time they will produce a Dortmunder for the holiday season.)
In Beerum Veritas

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

a weizenbock

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I'm really looking forward to this one. Is it a different recipe than their regular lager?

With Creemore's hard water, I'd vote for a munich dunkel!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Can't wait to try this!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I've really been looking forward to this. One of the things I look forward to most on trips to Germany is hitting up a beer garden with a good kellerbier. Hope it shows up in O-Town.

Dokta Owange

Post by Dokta Owange »

looking forward to attending this Monday night !

Slacks

Post by Slacks »

Hey all,

Great to see so many Bartowelers last night, great turnout and I thought a pretty great beer. I must also acknowledge last night was my first ever pretzel bun and I'm completely hooked.. haha.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. For those of you who missed it, or those want to taste it again, you'll be able to pick some up in cans at the LCBO (failing any elongated strikes) on July 19th.

Cheers,
Rick.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The thought of this delicious unfiltered lager is driving me to thirst for beer at 10 AM!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I had to make just a quick visit last night, and left by 6:15, but there was still a good crowd even that early on. And the beer was fantastic! If it's anywhere near as good in cans as it was on tap, I'll be going through a lot of it this summer.

And yeah, those pretzel buns they were serving the sausages on were damn good, weren't they? :)

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

I'm regretting my decision to work last night - sounds like the event was great, and the beer even better. I'm also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the cans.

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Well this sounds very promising, plus it might actually show up locally for me :D

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Thinking about their other offerings, and thinking about this up and coming Kellerbier has me thinking that the creemore line up in its entirety is quite German, and also quite delicious.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've only ever tried one beer in this style (Kulmbacher Mönchshof), but I quite liked it. Creemore has produced two decent lagers so far, so, here's hoping. Gotta ask, though: Would this still be happening without the Molson's $$$ ?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Thinking about their other offerings, and thinking about this up and coming Kellerbier has me thinking that the creemore line up in its entirety is quite German, and also quite delicious.
They use to say their "premium lager" was a Bohemian Pils... and while it is entirely Saaz hops, I think it's definitely more of a Munich Helles. I wonder what they're calling it now that they have a Pils?

When I toured the brewery last summer, the guide said they now used the Czech hops exclusively (in all three brews). I must say that I prefered the UrBock when they were using German hops (years ago). I wonder what hops they're using in the Keller?