Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Michael Jackson RIP

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

bujubanton

Michael Jackson RIP

Post by bujubanton »

A sad day everywhere for beer aficionados....

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

bujubanton wrote:A sad day everywhere for beer aficionados....

Well played indeed.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Does this mean we are in for an alien autopsy?

At least it's distracting the reactionary press wieners from the city strike for a few days. Not so good for the poor people in Iran that could use our media attention to help them do something more useful than just squeal like a little girl. Oh well, what passes for meaningful these days...

austin

Post by austin »

I'm confused I thought MJ died 2yrs. ago. Who is this guy? Anyways bought his last book....hope it's legit.

Aging beer drinker.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I wonder if they'll bury him or just melt him down and recycle?
Aventinus rules!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Come on now. His music has never been my cup of tea but he was amazing at what he did. A true genius in his genre.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

DragonOfBlood wrote:Come on now. His music has never been my cup of tea but he was amazing at what he did. A true genius in his genre.
Just a ridiculous epitaph for a ridiculous person. :roll:
Aventinus rules!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

pootz wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:Come on now. His music has never been my cup of tea but he was amazing at what he did. A true genius in his genre.
Just a ridiculous epitaph for a ridiculous person. :roll:
Have a heart pootz. Michael Jackson was abused and exploited from a very young age for the financial gain of his parents. His dad would make them rehearse for hours on end while sitting in a chair with a belt in his hands and if MJ or one of his brothers made a misstep he would lash them. On top of that they experienced a ridiculous amount of verbal abuse from the same man.

Yes, Michael Jackson grew up to be a weird man. That is indisputable. His musical/dance genius is also indisputable.

There will always be that unpleasantness in 1993 and 2005 floating around his head, but he was never found guilty of anything. Not to mention that of the many, many children that spent time at Neverland Ranch only 3 ever accused him molestation. The one thing all three of his accusers had in common was being from shady families with shady pasts. The mother of Gavin Arvizo (his accuser in 2005) was charged with five felonies a little after the trial. His accusers were not stand up citizens, nor were they well off financially.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Nothing makes me feel like a pompous ass more than what I'm about to say, but I will anyway...

The guy was an irrelevant diversion for irrelevant people.

I really wish this thread were about someone more useful like the (slightly later) Michael Jackson.

Now, can we get back to bitching about the LCBO? :D

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Tapsucker wrote:
The guy was an irrelevant diversion for irrelevant people.
Pop music has its place. Not everyone that listens to it is completely irrelevant*.

As for the other Michael Jackson, he was a good man, much missed by all beer lovers.

*I would imagine anyway. :lol:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

This thread is so farr of topic of anything on this forum, it makes me want to whack my head with various kitchen utensils. :roll: :roll: :roll:
In Beerum Veritas

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Random talk: "Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here."

Seems on topic to me.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Belgian wrote:This thread is so farr of topic of anything on this forum, it makes me want to whack my head with various kitchen utensils. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Right, because you've always done such a great job staying on topic, haven't you? :lol:

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

I think the Leafs should go all Muslim with players in hijabs or nibabs or whatever they're called so we can't see their faces and they'll be less embarassed to be Leafs...hope I'm not off topic.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

GregClow wrote:
Belgian wrote:This thread is so farr of topic of anything on this forum, it makes me want to whack my head with various kitchen utensils. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Right, because you've always done such a great job staying on topic, haven't you? :lol:
No, I just like playing 'Cop!' :wink: :lol:
In Beerum Veritas