Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double IPA's

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ralphus

Double IPA's

Post by Ralphus »

I'm on the the lookout for any DIPA's in and around the Ottawa / Gatineau area as part of a trade. The stronger the better. Any suggestions?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ralphus wrote:I'm on the the lookout for any DIPA's in and around the Ottawa / Gatineau area as part of a trade. The stronger the better. Any suggestions?

Its a tough call.

Maybe Church Key Grains of wrath?
You'd best go to Gatineau and try Morche Jovi or Trappe Fromage for some Du ciel stuff, amongst others. Worse comes to worse, I've a few So Cal/West COast IIPas I could trade to you.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I got a bottle of La Lièvre IPA Impériale from La Trappe a few months back. It was not particularly good, but nothing else comes to mind. I don't think that DDC bottles any IIPAs.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

One Imperial IPA that I've got from Hull/Gatineau is "La Maitresse" from Au Maitre Brasseur in Laval. I forget if I found it at Jovi or La Trappe. It's pretty good but I'm not as enamoured with Doubles or Imperials as with standard IPAs so I'm perhaps not the best to judge. It's 8.5% for what it's worth.