Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Tasting on Sunday August 9th

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Tasting on Sunday August 9th

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'm having a few people over on Sunday August 9th for a tasting to help clear my cellar of some of my higher ABV stuff. I thought I'd extend the invite to any of you folks who might be in the area. I've got a lot of beer, so you only need bring yourself. Let me know if you're interested via PM.

Cheers

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

:o :D

Do you have a list of whats in your cellar? This sounds very tempting.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Well, I've got some Mikeller Black Hole and a North Coast Old Stock brandy barrell that I will open amongst some Yellow belly from newfoundland and many more.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

bartle

Post by bartle »

how did you get the Yellow Belly? I am very interested in this... being from Newfoundland and all.
enjoi

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

bartle wrote:how did you get the Yellow Belly? I am very interested in this... being from Newfoundland and all.
Sister brought it back for me. She goes every year and always brings me back newfoundland stuff.

bartle

Post by bartle »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
bartle wrote:how did you get the Yellow Belly? I am very interested in this... being from Newfoundland and all.
Sister brought it back for me. She goes every year and always brings me back newfoundland stuff.
I haven't been there is quite some time. What is the yellow belly brew?

I had a nice bottle of Storm Coffee Porter the other day.

I'm looking forward to bringing back a nice stock next time I visit home.
enjoi

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Just so folks are aware (because I've had a few people ask) this will be during the daytime. I plan on going about 3 hours. Nothing too crazy of course, I'll probably open about 10 different beers. Plus I'll have regular stuff on hand like Pils Urquell for those who just want a beer.

I figure this is an opportunity for folks to meet and greet, and have a nice tasting at the same time, but it will leave time for folks to get home as well.

DD's are more than welcome to attend as well.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bump.

Ok,for anyone who is going to be attending, would you please RSVP to me by this weekend coming up, that way I still have one week to get a chance to get the stuff I will need. Cheers

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I will be in recovery from celebrating my 30th the night before.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

icemachine wrote:I will be in recovery from celebrating my 30th the night before.

Me too!!!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

icemachine wrote:I will be in recovery from celebrating my 30th the night before.
Just about to post the same thing!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

We'll probably be hitting up C'est What for a few hours after the Jays game so we may bump into each other
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole