Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Tier Porter at LCBO

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Southern Tier Porter at LCBO

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I just noticed this on our intranet. A new item, numbered 125476, Southerm Tier Porter, is coming soon in single formats. I guess it is part of the fall release, but I didn;t remember reading that one in the release. Anyway, a good sign of things to come for the fall i guess. I am really happy that we have been getting more ST beers lately. keep up the good work R & R.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

...and soon to be followed by another tasty Southern Tier masterpiece, just in time to help us brace for long, cold night.

In the meantime, buying a six-pack or two of ST IPA this summer will help to see more great offerings from Lakewood.

Have a wonderful weekend,

R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I just noticed this on our intranet. A new item, numbered 125476, Southerm Tier Porter, is coming soon in single formats. I guess it is part of the fall release, but I didn;t remember reading that one in the release. Anyway, a good sign of things to come for the fall i guess. I am really happy that we have been getting more ST beers lately. keep up the good work R & R.
Actually noticed this a few weeks back on the Sale of Data. Along with a few other nice treats due soon.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Roland + Russell wrote:...and soon to be followed by another tasty Southern Tier masterpiece, just in time to help us brace for long, cold night.

In the meantime, buying a six-pack or two of ST IPA this summer will help to see more great offerings from Lakewood.

Have a wonderful weekend,

R+R
Creme brulee per chance? I'll be buying some IPA this weekend - you just keep em coming!

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

The IPA has yet to make a return appearance in the Ottawa area. I wish it would, and soon, as my stock has run out and it's one of my favourites. I'd love to pick up some this weekend. I'm less enamoured with the Raspberry Wheat; but the IPA is great and I'd love to try some others.

WilliamEstevan

Post by WilliamEstevan »

I've yet to manage a six pack of IPA in London... if anyone has hints, I'd totally appreciate them! Also, the porter was surprisingly good when I tried it, so I'm hoping it isn't another beer guarded by a Sphinx like the IPA seems to be right now!

Dokta Owange

Post by Dokta Owange »

mmmm....Southern Tier Porter!
this is great news!

The Raspberry Wheat is very sweet - would go wicked with a hunk of cheesecake - but, what I did was go to the local fruit market, and pick up some fresh raspberries. Throw a handful in your glass with it, and enjoy!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

WilliamEstevan wrote:I've yet to manage a six pack of IPA in London... if anyone has hints, I'd totally appreciate them! Also, the porter was surprisingly good when I tried it, so I'm hoping it isn't another beer guarded by a Sphinx like the IPA seems to be right now!

Hi William.

I've ordered several cases for the Argyle Mall LCBO on CLarke and Dundas. Should be in this week. If you cant get out there, Wellington and Bradley has also ordered 12 cases.

Cheers

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

WilliamEstevan

Post by WilliamEstevan »

Jeez, I should pay closer attention to these threads!

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'm going on a shopping trip today so I will try my luck.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

WilliamEstevan wrote:Jeez, I should pay closer attention to these threads!

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'm going on a shopping trip today so I will try my luck.

8 cases left as of right now William.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Inkling wrote:The IPA has yet to make a return appearance in the Ottawa area. I wish it would, and soon, as my stock has run out and it's one of my favourites. I'd love to pick up some this weekend.
Hear, hear. I've made a few unsuccessful trips to the Rideau LCBO looking for STIPA.

But I am happy to hear about the other ST products. Thanks R+R.

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

Brews Phillips wrote:
Inkling wrote:The IPA has yet to make a return appearance in the Ottawa area. I wish it would, and soon, as my stock has run out and it's one of my favourites. I'd love to pick up some this weekend.
Hear, hear. I've made a few unsuccessful trips to the Rideau LCBO looking for STIPA.

But I am happy to hear about the other ST products. Thanks R+R.
Ask your friendly lcbo worker to order it from the warehouse. R&R says they have tons of it.
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This recent price drop really seems to be helping with sales. We sold a couple cases just yesterday. Cool!