Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2009 Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

RyanWright

Post by RyanWright »

Hello everyone, I am looking forward to some Oktoberfest beers this fall and I was reading an article in this mornings 24 Hours newspaper by Aonghus Kealy that suggested the Sam Adams Oktoberfest would NOT be coming due to a LCBO mistake that assigned the product number on the Oktoberfest as the same as the Summer Ale. So due to this error, we would likely not see the Sam Adams Oktoberfest in the LCBO this fall. Has anyone else heard of this?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

RyanWright wrote: due to a LCBO mistake that assigned the product number on the Oktoberfest as the same as the Summer Ale.... we would likely not see the Sam Adams Oktoberfest in the LCBO this fall...
I'm sure it may be true, in general the LCBO automatically cancels the release of any product before they try to actually FIX any minor problem (their idea of a 'problem' may itself be vague and arbitrary, because they of course know what is best for the safety of our citizens...)
__

In happier news, I notice the Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar is selling VERY fast locally - it's a very tasty product that deserves to be on our shelves - I better grab some more fast!
In Beerum Veritas

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

i just punched in the product codes for all of those on the lcbo website.

so far, only the Rogue Hazelnut, ST Porter, Erdinger Dunkel, and Westmalle Dubbel have hit the shelves.

i'm somewhat pissed about this. this shit was supposed to be out over two weeks ago.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Hofbraeu Oktoberfestbier is in the system now, not showing up anywhere though. It'd be great if it showed up this week in my area as it is Oktoberfest.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

mintjellie wrote:i just punched in the product codes for all of those on the lcbo website.

so far, only the Rogue Hazelnut, ST Porter, Erdinger Dunkel, and Westmalle Dubbel have hit the shelves.

i'm somewhat pissed about this. this shit was supposed to be out over two weeks ago.
Cheer up. You'll get used to it eventually.

Where once I cursed the LCBO daily for lack of one thing or another, I figure they won't change so I just settle and figure at least we don't live in an alcohol free province!!

TJ

Post by TJ »

Inventory is starting to show up for Hofbraeu Oktoberfestbier:

http://lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/in ... mber=84889

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

Most of the beers, with the exception of the Burning Gold and and Cream Stout are listable in stores now...I was able to order some already, just got the Oktoberfest and St Ambroise Pumpkin in yesterday...by Thursday I'll have the rest in barring any problems with the system

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

TJ wrote:Inventory is starting to show up for Hofbraeu Oktoberfestbier:

Yay, I am on the top of the list for now, but it is already inaccurate, I had a broken bottle in the case I put on the shelf.

I think the reason for the delay was broken bottles, I had one case with glass all over the bottles, and two that were re-packed in the warehouse, making me think there were a lot of breakers involved. But it is comming in now, so all is good I hope...

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

you're an employee?

any confirmation on the "no SA Oktoberfest" rumour?
Ghost542 wrote:Most of the beers, with the exception of the Burning Gold and and Cream Stout are listable in stores now...I was able to order some already, just got the Oktoberfest and St Ambroise Pumpkin in yesterday...by Thursday I'll have the rest in barring any problems with the system

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

mintjellie wrote:you're an employee?

Ghost542 wrote:Most of the beers, with the exception of the Burning Gold and and Cream Stout are listable in stores now...I was able to order some already, just got the Oktoberfest and St Ambroise Pumpkin in yesterday...by Thursday I'll have the rest in barring any problems with the system

I looked for it about a week ago on our internal "intranet" and didn't see it. Could be there now though.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ghost542 wrote:

I think the reason for the delay was broken bottles, I had one case with glass all over the bottles, and two that were re-packed in the warehouse, making me think there were a lot of breakers...
Ouch!

Does stuff like this just happen (I'm sure handlers can have a bad day) or is it really carton requirements? I'm asking because most internationally available products seem to be all but banned in Ontario due to extreme suspicion over packaging (so it probably doesn't help if there's a breakage incident, regardless of who caused it.)
In Beerum Veritas

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

All the beers in the release are now searchable online. Not many are showing any inventory. I had to admit i did get a bit excited when i actually saw Dieu Du Ciel pop up!

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
mintjellie wrote:you're an employee?

I looked for it about a week ago on our internal "intranet" and didn't see it. Could be there now though.
I checked again Sunday for a customer, nothing....I don't like the odds of this showing up anymore....

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

Belgian wrote:
Ghost542 wrote:

I think the reason for the delay was broken bottles, I had one case with glass all over the bottles, and two that were re-packed in the warehouse, making me think there were a lot of breakers...
Ouch!

Does stuff like this just happen (I'm sure handlers can have a bad day) or is it really carton requirements? I'm asking because most internationally available products seem to be all but banned in Ontario due to extreme suspicion over packaging (so it probably doesn't help if there's a breakage incident, regardless of who caused it.)
I am not sure, `cuz I don`t work in the warehouses, but I think it`s what in this case. I opened up the other normal case of HB, and lo and behold, there was broken bottles inside, case was dry though....cleaned up the rest and got them out for sale...

Ghost542

Post by Ghost542 »

robinvboyer wrote:All the beers in the release are now searchable online. Not many are showing any inventory. I had to admit i did get a bit excited when i actually saw Dieu Du Ciel pop up!
I was happy I checked before the order got out on Friday, meaning, I should have it on the shelf Thursday, pending them actually shipping my order. Odss are if it shows, it won`t get out untill the afternoon, since I`m not in untill 2, and the staff has a less then stellar reputation for getting new stuff on the shelves (Did I say that out loud?)