Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Boycott the LCBO and BS, Saturday Oct 3rd

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'll be in Niagara, touring wineries - won't be hard for me to boycott the LCBO/BS
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I hope the Granite is well stocked!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Well I just did a Gatineau run last weekend, so maybe might hit up Heritage/Scotch Irish. The Beau's Oktoberfest event also sounds tempting.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

WOn't be hard to do since I'll be at VOlo all day!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

SteelbackGuy wrote:WOn't be hard to do since I'll be at VOlo all day!
Won't be hard 'cause I have no money!

$

Post by $ »

hey, who actually did this? I heard the LCBO almost shut down for good due to lack of customers! Billions were lost in revenue!

My wife had the car all day, so I ended up walking to the Granite for a growler.

Who's up for more?

Friday Nov 6 to Sun Nov 8th! Three day boycott, and go buy beer somewhere else! What do you say!?!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I. like TOTALLY shut down the LCBO on the third, dude. Brought down this iron-fisted crypto-totalitarian Goliath to its knees. Down with the undiplomatic and unfair establishment, man! Then again I do have at my disposal a year's supply of beer... :lol:

LOL for fun we should organize pickets on the downtown LCBO's and incite people to join us in the pubs instead. Let's call it The Pub Walk of Freedom. At least this silly act would attract some media attention & hopefully irritate some PR geek in the Corp.
In Beerum Veritas

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I did manage to not go to the LCBO that day... but it really wasn't difficult since I didn't drink any beer at home that weekend with going to C'est What on Friday and Volo on Saturday.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Sales at my store were up 8% over last year on this particular day. You guys really made a difference. :)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Sales at my store were up 8% over last year on this particular day. You guys really made a difference. :)
Are you comparing October 3rd of this year and last? You should check out the first Saturday in October for a better comparison... I'm sure then you'll see the huge shock to the system!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

kwjd wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Sales at my store were up 8% over last year on this particular day. You guys really made a difference. :)
Are you comparing October 3rd of this year and last? You should check out the first Saturday in October for a better comparison... I'm sure then you'll see the huge shock to the system!
Done and done. We were up for the day. For the week and month for that matter too.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote: ...We were up for the day. For the week and month for that matter...
... so the 'competitiion' for the LCBO must have really taken a beating! :lol:

LC uber alles.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: ...We were up for the day. For the week and month for that matter...
... so the 'competitiion' for the LCBO must have really taken a beating! :lol:

LC uber alles.

Hey I am just telling it like it is. I figure folks would appreciate the info. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

No it's appreciated - but still funny (like where else but the LCBO are people going to buy those extra sales?)

I guess we can't boycott a monopoly after all. We should have realized. :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

len, im pretty that 8% was me stocking up on Tecate