Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Storm Aftermath

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Storm Aftermath

Post by SteelbackGuy »

After yesterday's storm, I just wanted to make sure everyone was ok. Looks like a Tornado touched down near Vaughan, and hundreds of houses were damaged or destroyed. Sadly , 1 boy was also killed.

I know we have a lot of members from that region so I hope you are all ok.

Extensive damage was also recorded in Sarnia, Corunna, Strathroy, London, and west to Toronto. Though by watching any of the GTA news stations, you'd never know that other cities were affected. Anyway, I hope all is well.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

For good or bad, nature still rules...

It's been several years, but I used to spend some time up around Durham. I hope that nice town is not scarred to badly.

It was truly bad patio weather. :cry:

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I'm around the DVP & York Mills... it was freaking weird how a low dark cloud drifted in. At one point I looked out the front window to see how much rain was on the street, but I literally couldn't see as far as the street!

I only lost hydro for a couple hours & my hops survived, so I consider myself lucky.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

We had no power in Bloor West from 6ish until 12:30 or so in the morning. Which made getting to sleep a hideous sweaty humid sticky experience, made all the worse by the fact that i had no beer in the fridge and had been planning on selecting and chilling something when i got home last night.

Fortunately, the pub down the road had power, so i could get a warm meal and a Trailhead Lager (it was the best of a bad beer list) for dinner.

At least there was no damage to property in my neighbourhood that i am aware of, and my car appeared to not have any trees parked on it when i looked down the street in its general direction this morning en route to the Subway.

Worst part of a 6 hour blackout, living on top of a subway station and hearing the rumble of the electric trains beneath you while sitting beerless in the dark.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

Magni

Post by Magni »

I was in St. Catharines during the storm, the power went out... It was a great excuse to go drink at the Merchant Ale house for a few hours though!

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

To attach a beer theme, the tornado in Durham went just north of Charles Maclean's new brewery. :o

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Duct Tape wrote:while sitting beerless in the dark.
What you couldn't scrounge up some ice??? Don't tell me you've actually managed to finish off your cellar!!!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Rob Creighton wrote:To attach a beer theme, the tornado in Durham went just north of Charles Maclean's new brewery. :o
I wondered about that one. Glad the new brewery (and Charles) wasn't taken out!

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

I told Charles that it would have been awful if it had destroyed his house but a tragedy if it had destroyed the brewery. :D

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

JerCraigs wrote:
Duct Tape wrote:while sitting beerless in the dark.
What you couldn't scrounge up some ice??? Don't tell me you've actually managed to finish off your cellar!!!
No no, there is still a solid supply to be worked through, the problem is, i have been deciding what i want and putting it in the fridge upon arrival home so nothing is over chilled.

And Ice, in our tiny freezer, good luck finding a place to make it with all the food stuffed in there!!! We barely scraped up enough ice for four scotch's while watching Maria Sharapova on TV saturday night.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/