Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mike Duggan's New Brewery

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Mike Duggan's New Brewery

Post by Cass »

News on the beer front: Mike Duggan is opening up his new brewery at 75 Victoria Street in downtown Toronto. They are brewing this week and hope to be open in 3-4 weeks if they are lucky.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Very cool!
Last edited by TJ on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Awesome, awesome news - and super close to Volo/C'est What/beerbistro for fresh cask delivery. Cass, any indication if he'll be doing other brews to start, or just the No. 9 for now? Is it going to be brewery only, or brewpub? Also, does he have any plans to bottle eventually? I'm gonna stop by on my way to work and see if there's any signage/additional info on site.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

velovampire wrote:Awesome, awesome news - and super close to Volo/C'est What/beerbistro for fresh cask delivery. Cass, any indication if he'll be doing other brews to start, or just the No. 9 for now? Is it going to be brewery only, or brewpub? Also, does he have any plans to bottle eventually? I'm gonna stop by on my way to work and see if there's any signage/additional info on site.
Not a ton of information, but a start: http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... -soon.html

bartle

Post by bartle »

This is exciting!
enjoi

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

IS there a name yet?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Pub Style wrote:
velovampire wrote:Awesome, awesome news - and super close to Volo/C'est What/beerbistro for fresh cask delivery. Cass, any indication if he'll be doing other brews to start, or just the No. 9 for now? Is it going to be brewery only, or brewpub? Also, does he have any plans to bottle eventually? I'm gonna stop by on my way to work and see if there's any signage/additional info on site.
Not a ton of information, but a start: http://greatcanadianpubs.blogspot.com/2 ... -soon.html
Thanks Troy, that's excellent info and answers all my questions. Excellent news about the No. 9 in bottles - groundbreaking in that it's the first bottled Ontario-made IPA (real IPA, i.e. 6%+ abv), and a great one at that. I'll be buying my fair share. I can't wait! Oh, and Steel, it says in Troys blog post that the brewery is going to be named Duggan's Brewery.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Great stuff! I had heard a rumour ... glad it is true. Sounds very ambitious.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Sounds interesting. Wonder if cask ale will be on offer and not the ale in a cask that has won over the tastebuds of Torontonians?

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

this is great news, hope everything goes smoothly with licenses, etc.
no question I will be by with friends/clients

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Good to see that space is no longer wasted. Wonder if he needs some help with the brewing!

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Was there still brewing equipment in the building?

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

This is exciting! I love #9 and I live really close to here.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Torontoblue wrote:Sounds interesting. Wonder if cask ale will be on offer and not the ale in a cask that has won over the tastebuds of Torontonians?
?

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

tuqueboy wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Sounds interesting. Wonder if cask ale will be on offer and not the ale in a cask that has won over the tastebuds of Torontonians?
?
I think it's quite clear what I am saying.