Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hi

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Hi

Post by PRMason »

Just a note to say hello and that I remember you all fondly. I have not given up the dream of Hopping Wolf- just postponed it until times are better.
Heritage continues to brew the old SIB beers, though I don't have the courage to taste them. If they are not up to scratch, my apologies.
The TFOB has come and gone and I missed not being there to offer some one off casks. I really miss seeing you all there and catching up. I am still brewing, though on a very small scale and the experimentation continues unabated. There are so many malt and hop combinations, I am always finding something new to brew.

Regards to all the true believers,

Perry Mason
"Every day above ground is a good one."

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Thanks for always keeping it real Perry!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Keep hope alive Perry!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

If it makes you feel better Perry your old stuff being made by Heritage is pretty decent these days, at least most of the time. I'm sure your homebrew is better right now but I guess it would be hard for us to buy that!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Very cool of you to check in, Perry! Hope you are well.
PRMason wrote:
Heritage continues to brew the old SIB beers, though I don't have the courage to taste them. If they are not up to scratch, my apologies.
Whoah. Quite the ringing endorsement! No apologies necessary though, as the last time I found it necessary to return five of a sixer Sgt. Majors IPA to the LCBO, they were happy to offer the full six-pack refund.

The other Heritage-SI beers seem to be pretty consistent, and I enjoy the Stuarts, John By, and sometimes others (Corporal, Black Irish.)

I miss the IPA you used to brew though!
In Beerum Veritas

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I am sure we will hear great things from you, Perry and in the near future
Last edited by northyorksammy on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Glad to hear you're hopping along. :wink:

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Good to see the dream is still alive Perry. Cheers!

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Nice of you to check in Perry. Your talents are sorrowfully missed.

I still have especially warm, fuzzy memories of the Santa Claws Christmas Cake Porter. When you do get back up and running you have to promise me you'll make that a yearly seasonal!

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Hello Brewmaster Perry!

As You can see from these comments, You and Your beer(s) are very much missed. It's a small world, and one of these fine days You and I will share a beer or two. I salute You Sir.

Cheers, Doug

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Hey Perry! Nice to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

Andrew