Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Pumpkin Beers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

turned out my LCBO only had it in because someone ordered it in.

:(

i think i missed out on this again.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mintjellie wrote:turned out my LCBO only had it in because someone ordered it in.

That's silly. Stores should at least double order for requests of a non-available beer so they can put some out. And regardless you should have pre-ordered it rather than rely on them.

The growing customer demand at my local LCBO has, over the past 2-3 years led to them to ordering massive amounts of GL Pumpkin, Citrouille, Kellerbier, DDC and pretty much anything else people are interested in. This has spiked MORE interest, Beach locals are buying SCADS if the stuff, and the staff are now all on fire talking about certain good beers which is exactly what we want as better-beer enthusiasts.

If you don't pick up the phone and ask you can expect your local LCBO will continue to be an unambitous store - they will keep on assuming that they are doing fine. (PS I am downtown if you need 1 or 2 Citrouille.)
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Dragging this from the grave.

The good Mr. Josh Rubin heard on the grapevine that Pumking looks like it may be at the LCBO this fall. I know word has it that Choklat is slated for the regular fall release, so I believe the Pumking would be in the often insipid Halloween special release.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Belgian wrote:
mintjellie wrote:turned out my LCBO only had it in because someone ordered it in.

That's silly. Stores should at least double order for requests of a non-available beer so they can put some out. And regardless you should have pre-ordered it rather than rely on them.

The growing customer demand at my local LCBO has, over the past 2-3 years led to them to ordering massive amounts of GL Pumpkin, Citrouille, Kellerbier, DDC and pretty much anything else people are interested in. This has spiked MORE interest, Beach locals are buying SCADS if the stuff, and the staff are now all on fire talking about certain good beers which is exactly what we want as better-beer enthusiasts.

If you don't pick up the phone and ask you can expect your local LCBO will continue to be an unambitous store - they will keep on assuming that they are doing fine. (PS I am downtown if you need 1 or 2 Citrouille.)
Damn, I wish I'd seen this post back in the fall. I'll assume you don't have any left now, but you're still a saint for even offering. Thank you very much.

I didn't call my LCBO to ask because they carry the seasonal releases anyways. They almost always carry the whole release.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

Oboy. Pumpking is an amazing beer. I hope the rumours are true about both of these ST standouts, as they always have a place in my fridge/cellar.