Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A Question About Trading

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

A Question About Trading

Post by mintjellie »

I was just wondering if anyone ever traded with another first-time trader when they were trading for the first time themselves.

I've received a BM from an Alberta BA about setting up a trade. But we're both noobs. Obviously, this is risky, since for all I know I could get ripped off. The guy has no history of trading by which I could check into what kind of reputation he holds.

I really don't know what to do here.

Any good stories about noobs trading with noobs? Any horror stories.

Also, with winter coming, does that limit the amount of time I have to say yes or no? Cold weather would cause the beer to freeze during shipping, right?

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

It's kind of a leap of faith on both parties parts.

I have only traded once and it went very well for me? The other guy had to wait as the original package I sent shattered cause I didn't pack it properly. It sucked cause I had to buy some very expensive beers twice.....

Just try it out I'm sure it will be fine. A guy will get blacklisted pretty fast if he rips someone off.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Unless you're sending something that's insanely expensive or that you won't be able to get again, its worth the risk. I've traded with guys in Alberta many times and I can tell you its probably best to get 'er done soon so none of the bottles freeze.

Also make sure you get a tracking number and a signature on delivery if you're concerned.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

i think i just might do this.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

For shizzo you should. Why not give it a whirl? You may end up with pretty neat beers that are new and exciting to try. Plus, you can revel in the fact that you are committing a crime. It'll be our little secret.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!