Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Oaktoberfest Kegs Released Today

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Oaktoberfest Kegs Released Today

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Everybody

We will be shipping our New Oaktoberfest to select bars in Toronto.

Its an unfiltered organic oktoberfest (Oaktoberfest) using all German ingredients.

We only made a half batch just to test the beer and see what people think.

Unfortunately since we drank a lot out of the tank we will only have a limited amount of bottled Oaktoberfest ready once our labels get printed.

WE WILL ONLY BE SELLING THE BOTTLED OAKTOBERFEST ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR NEW LABELS. ONCE THEY ARE ON THE BOTTLES THEN I WILL POST THAT THEY ARE READY FOR SALE FROM OUR RETAIL STORE ONLY.

Sorry to yell but sometimes people don't pay attention.

So far the Oaktoberfest will be distributed to:
Beer Bistro
C'est What
The Embassy
Twisted Kilt

we hope you enjoy.

Cheers
Ken

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Sweet stuff, Ken! I'll be at the brewery the day you release those bottles - it was handsdown my favourite beer from C'est What's Fall Fest.

RyanWright

Post by RyanWright »

Glad to hear it Ken. I will stop by to pickup some bottles when you post they are ready to go.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Ken, nice work on getting it into The Embassy - one of my more frequented bars, and a pretty solid tap list. I'll see you at the brewery the first day those bottles are available. Like Bobsy, it was also my favourite of the C'est What fest...

Radek

Post by Radek »

Ken I see that you have listen to me ... :D , jokes apart great to see that on tap.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I think my vision must be going fucking whacky. I don't see a London location for this beer. Hell, not one southwestern locale at all. WHAT GIVES YO? :D
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Radek

Post by Radek »

I think my vision must be going fucking whacky. I don't see a London location for this beer. Hell, not one southwestern locale at all. WHAT GIVES YO?
Coz now you are Steelbackgirl yo!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Radek wrote:
I think my vision must be going fucking whacky. I don't see a London location for this beer. Hell, not one southwestern locale at all. WHAT GIVES YO?
Coz now you are Steelbackgirl yo!
Shit! I knew that would haunt me for dayz to come! Frackin co workerz and their gamez! Screw you LCBO co workerz!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Hi again and thanks for the encouragement.

A few more bars will be getting the Oaktoberfest:

Twisted Kilt
The Rhino

We only have a half batch and did not plan on too wide a distribution.
Just testing the waters (and trying to get someone else's opinions and sorry for drinking so much and limiting the public supply!!!!)

Next year we plan on an earlier release with a larger volume.

This year Murphy's law ruled with lots of equipment issues (GRRRRRRR!!!)

Cheers
Ken

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote: We only have a half batch and did not plan on too wide a distribution.
Just testing the waters (and trying to get someone else's opinions and sorry for drinking so much and limiting the public supply!!!!)
Well if you can't enjoy what you brew, what is the motivation for doing it exactly? :D

I remember the early Mill Street days, some of the one-offs were widely enjoyed by staff as much as anybody. Perhaps this very style...
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Enjoyed the Oktoberfest at BeerBistro, it was very drinkable! I honestly have no idea what an Oktoberfest style is supposed to taste like, but I liked this beer ;)

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Had a couple pints at The Embassy tonight. Very, very nice beer. Good work Adrian and Ken, can't wait for the bottles!

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Don't know who put the post up about the OAKTOBERFEST bottles being available.

THEY ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE.

WHEN WE HAVE RECEIVED OUR LABELS AND HAVE FINISHED THE PACKAGING THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

very sorry about the confusion.

I will put up a post when they will be ready.

Ken