Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

10th Anniversary Beer to be released in November

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I've heard this is making its way to London, so I am really looking forward to it.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Get thee to The Rhino. Just $5.25 for a pint of this lovely stuff. Pouring well today. Staff confirmed that it's 8% so beware.

bartle

Post by bartle »

Does anyone know of any other bars or pubs that have this on tap? The Victory maybe?
enjoi

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Worth hunting down at all costs that do not involve the personal loss of a gonad.
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

bartle wrote:Does anyone know of any other bars or pubs that have this on tap? The Victory maybe?
Definitely at the Rhino right now. Ken mentioned that Volo was getting some, though I don't know when that's going to be tapped. Possibly C'est What and the Victory, but it wasn't on at the Vic this evening. Oh, and to echo Belgian, hunt it down at all costs; an extremely satisfying beer.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

I heard a rumour that C'est What? will be tapping it late Friday.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I had 3 pints of it Monday night at the Rhino. Loved it. 8%? I had no idea. But I did wonder why I was getting rather bombed.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Still waiting for it to appear in London. I know people are working hard at trying to get this beer down here. It'll be great exposure for Black Oak I'd think.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I went hunting for this last night. Struck out at Victory, Volo and C'est What. Should've tried the Rhino.

I was told at the Victory that they didn't have any, never had had any and weren't going to get any since it was too strong.

Volo said they were holding it until Sunday when they planned to tap it.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I just tried this at C'est What tonight.... wow... I think this is the best Ontario beer I've ever had. After the first sip it reminded me of Pliny the Elder. Awesome!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

kwjd wrote:I just tried this at C'est What tonight.... wow... I think this is the best Ontario beer I've ever had. After the first sip it reminded me of Pliny the Elder. Awesome!
Yup.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Had some on cask at Volo last week and it was pretty awesome. It definitely needs to come out more frequently than every ten years!!! :wink:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This was supposed to be delivered to London this week but the beer did not show up for some odd reason or another. Hopefully it arrives this week instead.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

i concur - this was damn tasty on cask at volo for nick's event on sunday. i went back for two half pints and would have gladly had several more if i weren't driving. i'll definitely be enjoying this wherever i see it until it's gone.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I stopped by Black Oak yesterday to get some, only to be told there is none left in bottles. Which sucks, 'cause I don't get to Toronto too often. Next batch will Jan or Feb, by the sound of things. I "settled" for some Oaktoberfest, Summer Saison, and Nutcracker. Then I went around the corner and got some Denison's and Duggan's. So I'm feeling better now.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman