Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

OCB Discovery Pack #3

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

OCB Discovery Pack #3

Post by GregClow »

The contents of the next Ontario Craft Brewers Discovery Pack have been confirmed. It's a six-pack of 473 ml cans, one each of the following:

Trafalgar Paddy's Irish Red Lager
Great Lakes Devil's Pale Ale
Muskoka Cream Ale
Neustadt Lager
Nickel Brook Premium Organic Lager
Wellington County Dark Ale

It's due to be in LCBO stores on Nov 13th.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

the nickelbrook organic that is included in this pack is unfiltered. this occured because the product was required far in advance of the intended release date and the relative unknown storage conditions of the product during this time. all the unfiltered cans are marked with a sticker to identify them as unfiltered.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

matt7215 wrote:the nickelbrook organic that is included in this pack is unfiltered. this occured because the product was required far in advance of the intended release date and the relative unknown storage conditions of the product during this time. all the unfiltered cans are marked with a sticker to identify them as unfiltered.
Good to know, Matt. Will be very interesting to try this.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'll buy this to try the unfiltered Nickel Brook beer for sure. But that'll be about it. These packs are so boring.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I'll buy this to try the unfiltered Nickel Brook beer for sure. But that'll be about it. These packs are so boring.
you could always shotgun the other 5 cans to make for a more interesting night Len

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:I'll buy this to try the unfiltered Nickel Brook beer for sure. But that'll be about it. These packs are so boring.
you could always shotgun the other 5 cans to make for a more interesting night Len
That IS a good suggestion Matt.
Tell you what. I'll do it. When the packs come out, I'll drink, and rate the unfiltered NB as I normally would. Then I will chug the other 5 cans, and start posting here, so you can see the general deterioration of spelling and grammar. Thanks for the idea. Then to finish it off, I'll rock something nasty like a Maxx Ice or Crest 10.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Tell you what. I'll do it. When the packs come out, I'll drink, and rate the unfiltered NB as I normally would. Then I will chug the other 5 cans, and start posting here, so you can see the general deterioration of spelling and grammar. Thanks for the idea. Then to finish it off, I'll rock something nasty like a Maxx Ice or Crest 10.
DOOOOO ITTTTTTT!!!!

I'm looking forward to the unfiltered NB, and I buy the 666 occasionally, so that's all good. I think the Muskoka Cream is a good beer for the style, and can be thirst-quenching. The other three, nahhhhh...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

But it's good they are promoting cans of our most exciting Ontario beers.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
But it's good they are promoting cans of our most exciting Ontario beers.
I'd argue that the most exciting Ontario beers are either one offs or only available at the breweries.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

It's not for us, the converted. The Discovery is for the macro drinkers and the toe-dipper craft drinkers. Of course it's going to be boring to us.

The only criticism I have is that it's too bad Trafalgar is in there and not Denison's (if Mr. Hancock were still a member that is.)
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

lister wrote:It's not for us, the converted. The Discovery is for the macro drinkers and the toe-dipper craft drinkers. Of course it's going to be boring to us.

The only criticism I have is that it's too bad Trafalgar is in there and not Denison's (if Mr. Hancock were still a member that is.)
Denisons was supposed to be in the pack, then it got canned.
In Beerum Veritas

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Belgian wrote:
lister wrote:It's not for us, the converted. The Discovery is for the macro drinkers and the toe-dipper craft drinkers. Of course it's going to be boring to us.

Rimshot! He's here all week folks! Try the veal.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Ba da bing!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

OCB DISCOVERY PACK 3, LCBO Item # 137067, $ 14.95 in all cities.

Must be shipping, a store in Coldwater has 2- 6 packs. Must have been cleaned out already.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

That Nickel Brook Organic is an awful beer. I guess someone must like it though. Someone who really enjoys the taste of overcooked boiled vegetables.