Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

How low will you go?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

I'm with Steve, and I too am very surprised by the responses on here.

If I am out somewhere with terrible beer selection, and I really want a drink, it will be a gin and tonic. Or water, I'm really ok with not drinking when I'm out and about. We go out for a lot of ethnic food, and I usually enjoy whatever tea or coffee is their specialty, it certainly beats their crappy rice laden lagers.

I can enjoy a Rickards White, Creemore, or Steamwhistle, but one pint is plenty in a sitting, and I'll have one maybe every 3-6 months. I'll maybe have 1 pint of Guinness, Newcastle, or Big Rock every 12 months or so.

Life is too short to drink shitty beer, and there are plenty of other options.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

I will also throw my hat in with Mr. Beaumont.

I have not spent my own money on macroswill in a long time. Going on 3 years now. If the tap selection is poor, I will opt for a soft drink. I have never felt the "need to drink" so I have never bought an alcoholic beverage just for the sake of drinking. I know that if I have patience nine times out of ten there is going to be a bottle of something delicious waiting for me at home.

Now, if I am out with the lads looking to drink and the tap selection is poor, (buying bottled beer in restaurants isn't something that appeals to me either) then my glass will be filled and refilled with gin and tonic until I stumble home in the mood for love.