Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The beer you drank the most of in 2009 was..

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

My most consumed is likely Fuller's ESB, but Mike Duggan #9 is catching up (espeically when I buy it by the case!).

Chris

Post by Chris »

Probably either Mill St Stock or tankhouse...only because it's easy to pick up kegs to put in the keg fridge. Wish Ontario had a better system of distributing kegs....my rotation would be much more varied.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Summer saison, followed by Denison's and Edmund Fitz.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

I did not drink a lot of any beer in particular this year...but I would bet that it comes down to Peche Mortel, Rochefort 10, Creemore lager and Steamwhistle.

MattB

Post by MattB »

Out: MacLean's Pale Ale (it's on tap at the Done Right Inn, my local)

LCBO: Fullers ESB ... each sip makes me want to return to London ASAP.

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Hoptical has been my go to alot in the last few months. I think it's a tie between that and either Sierra Nevada(Torpedo/Celebration).

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

On draft, it was Stratford Pilsner by a long chalk owing to many pleasant afternoons on the patio at Ronnie's Local 069.

Packaged was a toss-up amongst King Pilsner, Prima Pils and 80'.

I'd drink 10 Bitter Years all the time but I don't think that would be wise.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I really had to think hard on this one. It's a toss up between the ST and the DFH. One of them was always OOS at my LCBO, so I'd go for the other... in fact I'm having trouble remembering which one I prefer.

I wish it had been the Prima Pils, but I had a hard time catching that in stock. I'll also echo tuque's thoughts on the Creemore Kellerbier, that was one of my favourites of 2009. All in all, it was a decent year.

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Mill Street Tankhouse or Black Oak Pale Ale, without doubt.

These are two good and very reliable drinks. But I also don't have time anymore to run around to different stores searching for seasonal releases. And the service and inventory at my local pairing of TBS and the LCBO (Danforth & Greenwood) are about as indifferent as one would otherwise hope to avoid. So I get the stuff that is easiest for the mug behind the microphone to find.
::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's ma-a-a-gic!"

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Had several standard quaffs:

Gold Crown Lion Lager
Creemore Kellerbier
Hoptical Illusion
Duggan's 9
Aventinus rules!

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Because of availability at local bars at lunch and at the in-laws, I'd have to say Beau's Lugtread. Oddly, for my taste, it might not even be in my top 50 beers that I had in 2009. :-?

At home, I think it would be Rochefort 10 but I probably had less than 10 during the year. 2009 was a year of great variety for me.

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

I would say a tie between Tankhouse and Hoptical with True North IPA in third. This year Hoptical will most likely edge out Tankhouse.

I love to have a good session beer stocked and then grab something I haven't had for a while to fill in the gaps.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

For me it was the Creemore Kellerbier, aside from homebrew stuff, I grabbed it whenever I had the chance in the summer. I even found one in the back of the fridge about a month ago and it was still good. Also Grand River's Russian Gun.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Hmm probably Denison's while out and about. At home a variety but mostly homebrew.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Creemore Kellerbier and Fullers London Porter. Lakes of Muskoka Weissbier. Margriet.

Quite a few Denisons towards the end of the year as well.