Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The beer you drank the most of in 2009 was..

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ralphus

The beer you drank the most of in 2009 was..

Post by Ralphus »

I'm curious, what beer did everyone consume most of in 2009? Just in terms of pure quantity.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Easy. Prima Pils. What a great summer beer. Next year I suspect it'll get a lot of competition from Denison's Weissbier in the warmer months, though.

notdan

Post by notdan »

This year was a big mix of stuff for me, but I think it was Hoptical Illusion that won the bottle count. I ended up buying two cases over the fall and it became my go-to session beer.

The only competition for Hoptical is Fin du Monde, of which I drank a lot when living in Montreal from January to April. Two 750s for $7? Yes please!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Commercial: Dieu du Ciel Rigor Mortis ABT, simply because I had bought out the entire Outaouais region, much to the dismay of my friends and fellows. That'll teach em to buy out the barleywine. I had to go to New York to buy some at 6$ a bottle.

Homebrew: My IPAs. Simply because its so versatile, works every season, and with all food.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Either Hopfenstark Post Colonial or Great Lakes Eliot Ness

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Probably Christoffel Blond. I love a good hoppy pils. I would have loved to try Prima Pils but, unfortunately, it never came anywhere near me. Close seconds were Hoptical and Weihenstephaner Hefe.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

commercial: Fullers ESB

homebrew: saison (Ommegang Hennepin-ish)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

wilco

Post by wilco »

Tankhouse, usually at the Grad Club in London

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Definitely Grand River Brewing Galt Knife Old Style. So much so that I just got a tap set up for my fridge and will be switching from growlers to 20L kegs. Ack!

carguy

Post by carguy »

Grand River Plowmans Ale

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Hoptical Illusion for sure, probably Hopping Mad in second
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

Even though I didn't start drinking Prima Pils and Mill St Belgian until the second half of the year I'd say those two along with Fuller's ESB were the ones I consumed most.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Commercially, I think the Amsterdam Spring Bock & Grand Rivers Hannenberg Pils are pretty close.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Granite Hopping Mad and Tankhouse were the volume leaders.

My favorite new additions to the rotation were Prima Pils, Rogue Yellow Snow and Duggans' #9.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Ralphus wrote:I'm curious, what beer did everyone consume most of in 2009? Just in terms of pure quantity.
hmm. the creemore kellerbier probably would've won out for me if it had been available longer. but because it's starting to be more available in otherwise macro-heavy bars and it's still a pretty damned good bitter, mill street tankhouse.