Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

drinkvine

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

The_Jester wrote:
matt7215 wrote:ive tried twice to set-up an account but im not getting a confirmation email :cry:
Check your junk mail. That's where mine went.
it didnt, i just checked

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

matt7215 wrote:
The_Jester wrote:
matt7215 wrote:ive tried twice to set-up an account but im not getting a confirmation email :cry:
Check your junk mail. That's where mine went.
it didnt, i just checked
Don't worry, Matt - you're not alone. Looking forward to getting on to this, it sounds like an excellent tool that could make a significant difference. great idea Ralphus!

TJ

Post by TJ »

This is very cool and something the LCBO website should be doing already. Never again will I have to feel the shame of explaining why my home page is a link to an upcoming LCBO product listing. Nice work.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Finally got in - excellent stuff!

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

It appears as though hotmail's mail policy may be to only allow emails from domains they have whitelisted. So if you have a registered via a hotmail account (or any other account) and haven't received a confirmation email please PM me. I can send you the URL to enable your registration.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

This is .... BRILLIANT! Oh man, can't wait to see those notifications in my email :P

BTW, I like how I can add the LCBO releases.

bartle

Post by bartle »

+1

props!
enjoi

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Just signed up. What a great idea, Makes finding stock way easier. Thanks a lot.

austin

Post by austin »

Thanks Ralphus for all your work, much appreciated.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Thank you for all the positive feedback. Any time you release something to a wide audience it's a little nerve wracking because you don't know how it will be received, so your comments are really appreciated.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Very cool, this is just what the doctor ordered! I'm impressed that you have reworked everything that is wrong about the lcbo site. I love the idea of being able to add beers from the spring release and see BA and RB ratings for each. And as a bonus, I saw one of my photos sourced for one of the beers, on the downside, its for "Trafalgar Oak Aged Rye", I have some shots of some good beers too!:wink:
I'll be using this a lot.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

The hotmail issue has been resolved. Hotmail users should now receive registration and watchlist emails.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Thanks Ralphus! This is a very convenient tool for me.
The time and effort this saves me can not be overstated. I'm in Sudbury, where very few new and interesting beers arrive, and when they do, they're in very limited supply and are often gone in a few short weeks. I used to check the LCBO's website for Winter Releases like BBC Stout and I only secured a small stockpile because of my near obsessive compulsion, checking the LCBO website on a twice daily occurrence.
Now I can add future Spring releases, sit back, and relax.
Brilliant!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

This. Is. Boss. Thanks Ralphus. The days of sending Ontario friends and relatives on wild goose chases trying to track down beers I want appear to be over.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Excellent site...my only note...

When selecting stores based on postal code it appears that the 20 store option for radius does not work. Only the 10 and 50 give options. Otherwise...stellar work.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.