Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

drinkvine

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Ralphus - I gave drinkvine a little write-up/shout-out on TasteTO today:

http://www.tasteto.com/2010/02/02/get-yer-drinkvine-on/

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Awesome - thank you!

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

Not sure what award you can win but it's in the bag. Great work. Makes all our lives much, much easier.
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Ralph, is it okay to facebook this? Not sure how big you want it to get
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Ah nuts, I'm really going to miss the LCBO Search utility with the Cities selection box that contains over four hundred cities.

I once tried to searching for something on their site on a phone browser - and needed to limit the search to just Toronto. It wasn't even possible to do since the phone stopped scrolling after 300 or so entries in the selection box...

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Ralph, is it okay to facebook this? Not sure how big you want it to get
For sure. If you know someone who would benefit from it then please pass along.

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

I just noticed the BA and RB ratings under the release notes. Very nice addition! 8) Thanks again.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Thanks. Does anyone know of similar rating sites for wine? I took an initial look around when I put up the January wine release but I couldn't find anything with near the consistency of BA or RB.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ralphus wrote:Thanks. Does anyone know of similar rating sites for wine? I took an initial look around when I put up the January wine release but I couldn't find anything with near the consistency of BA or RB.

Most of the great wine rating wine sites are pay to play.

That said, cork'd is alright, and is similar to RB in that you can add your own ratings and it is free.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

Today, a number of people had matches for Brutal Bitter arriving at their selected stores. If you had it on your watchlist but didn't see an email notification check your junk mail folder. It sometimes lands there, particularly with hotmail.

P.S Enjoying one right now. Glad to see it back.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I picked up both the Brutal Bitter and Hog's Back TEA today because I knew they were at the closest LCBO to me. Thanks again for the excellent work with the site!

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

woohoo, now i can do a vertical with the bottle of brutal bitter that i picked up last time around and lost in my cellar :o

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I'd like to reiterate my thanks. This has been an extremely useful tool for me and I think its been a very positive contribution to the beer scene.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Once something turns up, does it comes off your watchlist? Brutal Bitter showed up, but I didn't get an e-mail about it. I had thought I'd put all my beers on the watchlist, but when I click on it it says "Watching: No". Should I assume this is the user and not the tool?

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

If it was on your watchlist and a match is found, you'll get an email and an entry in your news area. The item is then removed from your watchlist.

If you didn't see the email, or the news entry once you logged in, then it's very likely it wasn't being watched. If you PM me the email you use to log in I can verify for sure.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.