Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

10 Bitter Years Now Bottled

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sprague11 wrote:Hopefully will still be some left on Monday. If not, anyone spare a bottle? ;)
I got your back, Homie.
In Beerum Veritas

clockwerk

Post by clockwerk »

Yeah, I picked some up for Viggo and myself. This stuff is pure win. If you guys like this and want to see more of it, make some noise. Get on the beer rating sites and make sure it gets some respect.

I'm on my way back to get more. (Luckily, I live around the corner from Black Oak). :D
I keep signing here, but it's just ink all over my screen. I think it's broken.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Drove to Etobicoke this morning and picked some up. I was pleasently surprised to see that they still had the Double Chocolate Cherry Stout, and Nutcracker Porter in stock as well, so I picked up 12 of each of them too. I know it's getting out of season for them, but they are such good beers and since I can't get to the brewery often (first time I've been since they moved from Oakville actually) I couldn't help myself.

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hopefully you people will leave some for me!!!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Just keep brewing it and there shouldn't be a problem ;)

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:Hopefully you people will leave some for me!!!
ill be there tommorow Ken, Ill buy you a sixer if I see ya
Last edited by matt7215 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milos

Post by Milos »

Hopefully you people will leave some for me!!!
Just come down here and we'll hook you up! :P
So many beers and so little time!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

clockwerk wrote: This stuff is pure win.
I like that it's got loads of citrus, great body, not as punishingly bitter as some DIPAs and plenty of aroma action going on. Nice work Ken!
In Beerum Veritas

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

dutchcanuck wrote:Just keep brewing it and there shouldn't be a problem ;)
Agreed!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'm looking for someone that has too much of this and wants to hook a brother up in Ottawa!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Picked up a case yesterday. Gorgeous stuff, hope it makes it into regular or semi-regular production.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I was out this morning -- it was flying out of there! Saw six cases go in five minutes. Well deserved for this beer.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

Picked up two cases around ten thirty while someone was walking out with what looked like 6-8 cases. When I left I was told there were about 30-40 cases left of the bottled stuff.

Like others have mentioned before, if this is out of your way, remember that you can easily hit up Great Lakes and Cool (where they also sell the Mike Duggan #9 and Saint Andre).

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i got some today just before noon and they were almost out. i dont think it will make it through the day.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yes. But if it turns out they still have some Nutcracker Porter that I can tell you is drinking very fine. And the Double Chocolate Cherry. Damn. Now I know how easy it is to get there I will be sure to get a 24 of Saison whenever it is made.

Ken mentioned that the 10 Bitter Years just won a Gold Medal in an Ontario Competition. A Kudos to a good brewer doing the right thing & getting recognition!
In Beerum Veritas