Mondial 2010

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

LondonBeer
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: London Ontario

Mondial 2010

Postby LondonBeer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:29 pm

I know it's early but just found out my friend has to go to Montreal for work the same week as the beer fest. This works out great as it means I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going? This will be my 3rd time going so hopefully the weather is nice.
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm pretty sure that my wife is going to allow me to go. My first time. I'm pumped.
User avatar
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2955
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby JerCraigs » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 am

I am bailing this year in favour of some other trips planned this summer.

My strategy in previous years was to go as soon as the doors open in the morning and then leave when it starts to get insanely busy (especially on Friday and Saturday) in favour of touring the local brewpubs.
User avatar
Cass
Beer Superstar
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby Cass » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:50 am

Alas, I am not going this year. Like Jer, I've got a bunch of other trips planned.

Agree with Jer's strategy - get to Mondial as soon as it opens to avoid the crowds (and get some seats). If sitting outside, try to get some shade (or bring appropriate gear) as it can get quite hot.
User avatar
SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:11 pm
Location: Hamilton, ON
Contact:

Postby SteelbackGuy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 am

I'll be there for the first time!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!
LondonBeer
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: London Ontario

Postby LondonBeer » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 pm

My friend has to work during the day so I will do some "scouting" while it is not very busy at the start of the day. It will be tough but someone needs to take one for the team and do the research.
User avatar
wilco
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby wilco » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:52 pm

I should be there for the first time
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Mondial 2010

Postby Belgian » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 pm

LondonBeer wrote:I know it's early but just found out my friend has to go to Montreal for work the same week as the beer fest. This works out great as it means I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going?


Yeah thanks for the hotel offer, I'm in!! :lol:
In Beerum Veritas
LondonBeer
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: London Ontario

Re: Mondial 2010

Postby LondonBeer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Belgian wrote:
LondonBeer wrote:I know it's early but just found out my friend has to go to Montreal for work the same week as the beer fest. This works out great as it means I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going?


Yeah thanks for the hotel offer, I'm in!! :lol:


Stay on your own side of the bed!
User avatar
teichertbier
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Postby teichertbier » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm

first timer here as well, can't wait. my trunk will definitely be at full capacity with Quebec beers for the drive back.
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 pm

For anyone looking to do some purchases. Might I suggest Depanneur Peluso (Bonisoir). 2500 Rachael E. It's around the corner from my brother-in-laws and I've been there many times. They built an addition in the back for the sole purpose of craft beer. If they don't carry every beer available in Quebec I'd be surprised. Super nice employees and if the owner is there, he'll walk you through the place and is extremely knowledgeable.

It's just east of downtown. Maybe a 10 min drive from downtown and very worth the trip.
User avatar
ritzkiss
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:43 am
Location: East York, Toronto

Postby ritzkiss » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 am

cfrancis wrote:For anyone looking to do some purchases. Might I suggest Depanneur Peluso (Bonisoir). 2500 Rachael E. It's around the corner from my brother-in-laws and I've been there many times. They built an addition in the back for the sole purpose of craft beer. If they don't carry every beer available in Quebec I'd be surprised. Super nice employees and if the owner is there, he'll walk you through the place and is extremely knowledgeable.

It's just east of downtown. Maybe a 10 min drive from downtown and very worth the trip.


For those who haven't visited Peluso yet, I second this recommendation. Best place to get beer in Montreal, prices maybe a tick higher than some places but worth it to get everything in one place.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9762
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Mondial 2010

Postby Belgian » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 am

LondonBeer wrote:
Belgian wrote:
LondonBeer wrote: I get a free trip to Montreal and a hotel. Anybody else planning on going?


Yeah thanks for the hotel offer, I'm in!! :lol:


Stay on your own side of the bed!


Done. I never need more than 75% of the bed and I sleep like a stone.

A very LOUD stone.
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
The_Jester
Bar Fly
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:01 pm
Location: Peterborough

Postby The_Jester » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm

The product list is out, eh?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman
Cagiva650
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 am
Location: Torbay Newfoundland

Postby Cagiva650 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:22 pm

The_Jester wrote:The product list is out, eh?


I was looking at that. Hopfenstark is going to have a Helles as their special.
They will also have the Berliner Weiss from last year.
I'll be leading the Newfoundland delegation to Mondial. There are two of us so far :wink:

Return to “Random Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests