Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mondial 2010

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

velovampire wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:since I am the leafs
Freudian slip? :wink:

Indeed. It should read..............

" since I am the leafs worst nightmare and will do everything in my power to see the annihilation of the organization and their so called fans"

Fixed.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I am a Habs fan and always have beer. And I don't hate the Leafs. I hate the Leafs' fans. And Bob Cole. (Same thing, I guess).
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I used to hate the Leafs and their fans, now its mostly indifference mixed with pity
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

icemachine wrote:I used to hate the Leafs and their fans, now its mostly indifference mixed with pity
Agreed, my hatred has now moved up the 401 to Montreal.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

cfrancis wrote:For anyone looking to do some purchases. Might I suggest Depanneur Peluso (Bonisoir). 2500 Rachael E. It's around the corner from my brother-in-laws and I've been there many times. They built an addition in the back for the sole purpose of craft beer. If they don't carry every beer available in Quebec I'd be surprised. Super nice employees and if the owner is there, he'll walk you through the place and is extremely knowledgeable.

It's just east of downtown. Maybe a 10 min drive from downtown and very worth the trip.
Thanks for this! I just dropped by there, very nice. I spoke to a guy who appeared to be the owner (I forgot to ask) he was very helpful. Finally a place to find almost all great Quebec beers at retail.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

I'm going up to Montreal, leaving Thursday evening after work.

I will probably only be at the Festival Saturday morning/afternoon, taking some quality Montreal Time for the rest of the weekend.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Ow, this hurts. I just realized that my wife's last-hurrah weekend-away-without-the-kids-before-going-back-to-work is in Montreal and happens to be on the weekend of Mondiale.

I'll be at home with the kids.

ow ow ow

EDIT: And her hotel is like two blocks away from the venue! Jesus H.!!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

sstackho wrote:Ow, this hurts. I just realized that my wife's last-hurrah weekend-away-without-the-kids-before-going-back-to-work is in Montreal and happens to be on the weekend of Mondiale.

ow ow ow

Hide the kids in her luggage. Your marriage can't be that important.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

sstackho wrote:Ow, this hurts. I just realized that my wife's last-hurrah weekend-away-without-the-kids-before-going-back-to-work is in Montreal and happens to be on the weekend of Mondiale.

ow ow ow

At least you should write her up a shopping list.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

wilco

Post by wilco »

They've also released some evening events. Really excited to be there Wednesday to Friday.

http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/pdf/A ... re2010.pdf

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

wilco wrote:They've also released some evening events. Really excited to be there Wednesday to Friday.

http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/pdf/A ... re2010.pdf
Wednesday, June 2nd

An American Night in Montreal at Dieu du ciel!

Dieu du Ciel! invites you to come and savour some of our neighbour’s best
beers. Taste 10 beers on tap from Stone, Allagash, New Belgium, Great Divide, Dogfish Head and Rogue.

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

Gedge wrote:
Wednesday, June 2nd

An American Night in Montreal at Dieu du ciel!

Dieu du Ciel! invites you to come and savour some of our neighbour’s best
beers. Taste 10 beers on tap from Stone, Allagash, New Belgium, Great Divide, Dogfish Head and Rogue.

from Dieu du Ciel's website:

During the Mondial de la bière week, Dieu du ciel! is organising a special event on Wednesday June 2 from 10 PM. That night, 12 American beer among the best produced in this country will be offered on draft:

Dogfish Head: 60 minute IPA and 90 minute IPA

Rogue: Imperial Pale Ale (I2PA) and Imperial stout

New Belgium: Trip III and La Folie

Great Divide: Old Ruffian Barley Wine and Hercules Double IPA

Stone: Ruination IPA and Sublimely Self-Righteous

Allagash: Interlude and Allagash Black

The quantities are limited: only one 20-L barrel of each beer!

The next day Thursday, these beers will be offered in rotation at Dieu du Ciel!, the whole Mondial through, as long as there’s some left.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

I wonder if this will be one you have to arrive early for, like the anniversary parties.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Gedge wrote:I wonder if this will be one you have to arrive early for, like the anniversary parties.
Usually, they don't start tapping the specials at DDC until after Mondial has closed for the day. It's a gentleman's agreement, basically.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

What I mean is, if you turn up at 10:30 will the place be so rammed that you can't get in.