Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mondial 2010

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

A couple more observations:

-Italy is the featured country this year.

-The RB overall ratings for the 7 Allagash products: 94, 99, 98, 99, 98, 99, 99

-A couple of new (for me) and interesting looking DDC beers: a Belgian and an Imperial Black IPA
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Be there Thursday and Friday...looking forward to it!

bostonfox

Post by bostonfox »

Lackey wrote:Be there Thursday and Friday...looking forward to it!

Me too!!

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

cfrancis wrote:For anyone looking to do some purchases. Might I suggest Depanneur Peluso (Bonisoir). 2500 Rachael E. It's around the corner from my brother-in-laws and I've been there many times. They built an addition in the back for the sole purpose of craft beer. If they don't carry every beer available in Quebec I'd be surprised. Super nice employees and if the owner is there, he'll walk you through the place and is extremely knowledgeable.

It's just east of downtown. Maybe a 10 min drive from downtown and very worth the trip.
Yeah, that place was awesome. I was just there on Saturday. Great selection of Quebec brews there, and a pretty good glassware selection too. I was in there for a while trying to figure out what to bring back. Between that place and another on St. Laurent, I think I did pretty damn good. Couldnt find any Hopfenstark, probably just missed it though. Got pretty much everything on my list, except Lupulus, which was tempting, but I had already spent enough money, it was $16.

If anybody goes to Peluso, just make sure to check the best before/bottled on dates. They have some very old bottles in there. I almost bought a Chambly Noire with a best before date of March 08. Cant believe they would even have that on the shelf. Other than that though, great store.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I'll be there for the duration of the festival with TAPS. Looking forward to a full seven days in Montreal.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I'll be there Friday through Sunday, helping out on the Taps stand, so come over, say hello and subscribe to Canada's best beer magazine: http://www.tapsmedia.ca

Apologies for the shameless plug.

The Mondial list this year is extremely impressive, and it should be a great time!

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

bostonfox wrote:

Me too!!
Wow! You could come with me if you weren't such a knob.

bostonfox

Post by bostonfox »

whatever guy...I`ll spend my time with Troy & the guys at the Taps booth then...he needs the consoling after my Habs put the hurtdown on his girls(Cindy & Genny)...

Summer`s Eve...that should be your new user id...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

bostonfox wrote:whatever guy...I`ll spend my time with Troy & the guys at the Taps booth then...he needs the consoling after my Habs put the hurtdown on his girls(Cindy & Genny)...

Ha I like that. Cidny and Genny. In any event, glad the pesky Pens are out.
Pens take out Ottawa therefore.......
Enemies of Pens= Friends of mine
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'll be there Saturday most likely.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

bostonfox wrote:whatever guy...I`ll spend my time with Troy & the guys at the Taps booth then...he needs the consoling after my Habs put the hurtdown on his girls(Cindy & Genny)...

Ouch..no room in the TAPS booth for you now. And I'm going to tell Sid you said that.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Ha I like that. Cidny and Genny. In any event, glad the pesky Pens are out.
Obviously a very implausible hypothetical question, but if the leafs made the playoffs and knocked out the team that beat Ottawa...

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Bobsy wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Ha I like that. Cidny and Genny. In any event, glad the pesky Pens are out.
Obviously a very implausible hypothetical question, but if the leafs made the playoffs and knocked out the team that beat Ottawa...
.....the world would implode and no one would be the wiser

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bobsy wrote:
Then in that very particular case I'd likely root for the team playing the leafs since I am the leafs are the reason so many people cry. And I hate them. And by hate I actually mean hate.........like it makes me violent...........
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

SteelbackGuy wrote:since I am the leafs
Freudian slip? :wink: