Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What Ontario brews are you going to enjoy this long weekend?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Creemore Kellerbier. Flying Monkeys Hoptical and Confederation Ale.

I'm about to take a bottle of Antigravity on the back deck to drink right from the bottle as I enjoy this heat and sunshine.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

My Saturday will involve a selection of Ontario wines.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

jimmay wrote:Will pick up (and drink) some Highlander Pale Ale, when I'm in South River! Nice!
I'll be going through South River tomorrow too and was thinking the same thing.
South River makes a nice half way stop on my way too long a drive to the old stomping grounds.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JerCraigs wrote:My Saturday will involve a selection of Ontario wines.

Sorry to hear that Jer.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Picked up six Hoptical, I wanted to get the Muskoka 5 pack but the LCBO I stopped at was out and the guy in the beer section said they weren't ordering more because it sold too slow. Was confusing since I thought it just came out in the last couple weeks
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Nickel Brook Witbier, Nickel Brook Marzen, Dugan's #9, Denison's Weissbier, Beau's Kolsch, Flying Monkey's Netherworld...and my own Rye bock.

May two four...SESSIONS HOOO!!!
Last edited by pootz on Sat May 22, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aventinus rules!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

icemachine wrote:Picked up six Hoptical, I wanted to get the Muskoka 5 pack but the LCBO I stopped at was out and the guy in the beer section said they weren't ordering more because it sold too slow. Was confusing since I thought it just came out in the last couple weeks

Sold too slow? Its brand fucking new!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
icemachine wrote:Picked up six Hoptical, I wanted to get the Muskoka 5 pack but the LCBO I stopped at was out and the guy in the beer section said they weren't ordering more because it sold too slow. Was confusing since I thought it just came out in the last couple weeks

Sold too slow? Its brand fucking new!
Yeah that was pretty much my reaction, but this was the Dufferin and Major Mackenzie Elsie, which is pretty shit anyhow, they were taste testing the Equifera, and when I commented on the strong fruit and harsh alcohol notes the lady said "What are you, some wine connoisseur"?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

-Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion
-Beau's Lugtread
-Muskoka Cream
-brand new cans of Mill St. Lemon Tea (which they have at the brewpub, along with bottles of this and the Roggenbier)
-Growlers of Mill St. ESB, Granite Hopping Mad and Stout

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

Mr.X wrote:none. i wanted a good IPA so i bought a case of DFH 60. That should do it. Now if there was an Ontario IPA of the same quality i'd be supporting that and wouldn't mind spending $60 on the case like i did for the DFH.
Dude,

It is easy to tear things down....and a lot harder to build things up. As we say at the brewery, No energy vampires allowed!

In repsonse to your post, I'm working as hard as I f**king can to brew a solid West Coast IPA for the Ontario market that the LCBO will hopefully list and carry permanently. A few other brewers are trying to brew these types of beers as well.

FYI - I'm blind taste testing it on June 17that the brewery. Feel free to come by and support the greater cause with discussion and ideas. Stay positive and loyal to OCBs because we need all of the help we can get.

Yours in brewing,
P-

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Creemore Keller
Muskoka Weisse
Hoptical
Publican House Square Nail Pale
Churchkey Black IPA
And I think there's one can of Devil's Pale Ale left in there
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

From Ontario: Hoptical Illusion and Beau's Lug Tread.
From outside provincial borders: The Vermont #9. Was a huge hit at the camp last year.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I bought a bunch of German brews for this weekend, but I just busted open an IPA that Matt7215 and I had brewed a few weeks back. It doesn't get much more local than that!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Creemore Springs Kellerbier, and whatever Chancey's has on tap. Good to be back in Canada!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cratez wrote:Creemore Springs Kellerbier, and whatever Chancey's has on tap. Good to be back in Canada!
Hope you aren't going tonight Mikey. I was just there, and there is a huge wedding party taking up all tables at the bar plus the entire dining room.