Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What Ontario brews are you going to enjoy this long weekend?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

What Ontario brews are you going to enjoy this long weekend?

Post by matt7215 »

myself:

Creemore Keller
Grand River Plowmans and Knife
Flying Monkeys Hoptical
King Pilsner

and a Saturday night @ Duggans

how bout you guys?

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

none. i wanted a good IPA so i bought a case of DFH 60. That should do it. Now if there was an Ontario IPA of the same quality i'd be supporting that and wouldn't mind spending $60 on the case like i did for the DFH.

Queef

Post by Queef »

Heading to Beaus after work this afternoon, as they apparently have bottles of both Beaver River IPeH and Screaming Beaver DIPA for sale.
Close to Homerism.
it's beer o'clock.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Thinking about Duggan's later this afternoon!

Queef

Post by Queef »

Mr.X wrote:none. i wanted a good IPA so i bought a case of DFH 60. That should do it. Now if there was an Ontario IPA of the same quality i'd be supporting that and wouldn't mind spending $60 on the case like i did for the DFH.
great theory by the way

:roll:
it's beer o'clock.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Queef wrote:
Mr.X wrote:none. i wanted a good IPA so i bought a case of DFH 60. That should do it. Now if there was an Ontario IPA of the same quality i'd be supporting that and wouldn't mind spending $60 on the case like i did for the DFH.
great theory by the way

i found it comical too that this was the first response to this thread

this thread should be about enjoying what we have not taking shots at our brewers, we have other threads for that

Queef

Post by Queef »

matt7215 wrote:
Queef wrote:
great theory by the way

this thread should be about enjoying what we have not taking shots at our brewers, we have other threads for that
seriously.

I also have a Grand River Russian Gun in the fridge I'll have on the rainy day. For such a beer starved-no good beer province, thats not a bad trifecta of Ontario brews to have in my possesion.
it's beer o'clock.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Queef wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Queef wrote: great theory by the way

seriously.

I also have a Grand River Russian Gun in the fridge I'll have on the rainy day. For such a beer starved-no good beer province, thats not a bad trifecta of Ontario brews to have in my possesion.
the Gunn is a great RIS for a summer evening, ill add it to my rota

Queef

Post by Queef »

looks like I'll have 4 good ones this weekend, maybe 5 if I pick up some fresh LugTread

Queef wrote:
cfrancis wrote:Picked up two bottles (Vrienden Belgian Wit) from the brewery yesterday. Not readily available but if you "ask nicely" you might be able to get some.

I love visiting Beau's Brewery.
good too know! sounds like it'll be a great trip this afternoon!
it's beer o'clock.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Creemore Keller, might pick up some Flying Monkey too.

BTW Queef, in the Beau's thread cfrancis said he managed to charm some Vrienden out of the Beau's folks when he was there.

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

I have some Galt Knife coming to me in a keg this afternoon.
I have two bottles of Hannenberg Pils for a photo shoot that will have to be consumed as part of the post processing stage. :D
I also have some homebrew waiting to be kegged just in case the Galt Knife runs out.

Queef

Post by Queef »

Bytowner wrote:Creemore Keller, might pick up some Flying Monkey too.

BTW Queef, in the Beau's thread cfrancis said he managed to charm some Vrienden out of the Beau's folks when he was there.
yup, thats what I quoted right above ya! gonna see what I can do.
it's beer o'clock.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

going through Barrie tonight, will have to pick up some Hoptical... that should be enough

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

How could I forget?? Will pick up (and drink) some Highlander Pale Ale, when I'm in South River! Nice!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

After three straight days of drinking great Ontario beers on tap, its looking like a weekend of bottles at friends' places. Not Ontario, but here's what I'll be taking to share this weekend:

Cantillon St-Gillesoise
AMB Cuvee Dep de la Rive
Meantime Coffee
Derniere Volonte Pinot-Noir Barrel Aged
Southern Tier Gemini
Green Flash Le Freak

On a related note, I'm taking a long weekend next week too, and will be carting a whole lot of Creemore Keller up North to share with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. 'Tis a gradual conversion...