Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Project X bottles

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Belgian wrote: The Islay Barrel Aged Red Leaf Imperial Lager was also very tempting!
What was this? The Lackey's Flasky?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

JerCraigs wrote:
Belgian wrote: The Islay Barrel Aged Red Leaf Imperial Lager was also very tempting!
I suspect it's actually Belgian Being A Smart-Assky... :roll:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

GregClow wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:
I suspect it's actually Belgian Being A Smart-Assky... :roll:
I probably should have figured that one out on my own.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

anyone know what they have left for project x bottles? I am heading to toronto for some shopping and beer, so i might stop by there.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Miami Weisse and a very few Lackeys.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thanks to these brewers and a few others I have some actual NEW Ontario beers to sip on this weekend! :o Scary. Hooray for small pilot system brewing.

Always worth heading south over Islington to Black Oak as well, they still have a good amount of Summer Saison (maybe 90 or so six-packs) plus a few other special brews.
In Beerum Veritas

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Alright sounds thanks guys. Maybe I will go check out black oak. I havent ever been to either of them.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

I stopped by Great Lakes yesterday hoping that maybe they had some Project X bottles or something. They didn't - but what pissed me off was that the girl behind the counter claimed that they've never done anything like that.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

mahcinesquad wrote:I stopped by Great Lakes yesterday hoping that maybe they had some Project X bottles or something. They didn't - but what pissed me off was that the girl behind the counter claimed that they've never done anything like that.
i had a very similar experience earlier this summer, she just kinda looked at me like a was in the wrong place

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I've always gotten great service at Great Lakes, even if they didn't have any PX bottles. Most times there is at least the Miami Weiss available.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

matt7215 wrote:
mahcinesquad wrote:I stopped by Great Lakes yesterday hoping that maybe they had some Project X bottles or something. They didn't - but what pissed me off was that the girl behind the counter claimed that they've never done anything like that.
i had a very similar experience earlier this summer, she just kinda looked at me like a was in the wrong place
Had that last week.

CHEAPDRUNK

Post by CHEAPDRUNK »

Well, that is really unfortunate that some people have had bad experiences in the GLB retail store. They have had some staff change over going on… maybe that has something to do with it. Anyways, I was there today and they were just stocking Lackey’s Flasky and Pompous Ass. They didn’t have a lot of it. …and the girl in the store was great!!

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

CHEAPDRUNK wrote:Well, that is really unfortunate that some people have had bad experiences in the GLB retail store. They have had some staff change over going on… maybe that has something to do with it. Anyways, I was there today and they were just stocking Lackey’s Flasky and Pompous Ass. They didn’t have a lot of it. …and the girl in the store was great!!
Are you F'ING serious?!?!?! I drive all the way in from Guelph, make the effort to come by their store and the person behind the counter idea has no idea about them bottling Project Xs - when they're being put out later that week?

I would have been disappointed if she'd told me "No, sorry, we'll have some later this week though" but I would have respected the fact that she knew what was going on. I know its always a luck of the draw to find stuff like that at a brewery, I just wish the staff was better informed. And this isn't the first time its happened to me.

ARGH... I'm tempted to drive back in to get some so I can taste it - but at the same time I figure I'll be stuck dealing with someone who doesn't know anything about it or they're already sold out.

wilco

Post by wilco »

That definitely sucks, but just give them a call the next time you're thinking of heading down (or any other place that has seasonals/growlers). Then you can find out what they have and how many bottles. Personally, I've never had a problem calling Great Lakes.

Obviously that one solves one of the problems. Hopefully that person now knows what Project X is...