Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Project X bottles

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

mahcinesquad wrote:
CHEAPDRUNK wrote:Well, that is really unfortunate that some people have had bad experiences in the GLB retail store. They have had some staff change over going on… maybe that has something to do with it. Anyways, I was there today and they were just stocking Lackey’s Flasky and Pompous Ass. They didn’t have a lot of it. …and the girl in the store was great!!
Are you F'ING serious?!?!?! I drive all the way in from Guelph, make the effort to come by their store and the person behind the counter idea has no idea about them bottling Project Xs - when they're being put out later that week?

I would have been disappointed if she'd told me "No, sorry, we'll have some later this week though" but I would have respected the fact that she knew what was going on. I know its always a luck of the draw to find stuff like that at a brewery, I just wish the staff was better informed. And this isn't the first time its happened to me.

ARGH... I'm tempted to drive back in to get some so I can taste it - but at the same time I figure I'll be stuck dealing with someone who doesn't know anything about it or they're already sold out.

This sucks. Especially considering this seems to be a consistent thing. Hopefully it is fixed!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yeah it sounds like this happens often enough that the customer disappointment might be GL's own causing.

To Great Lakes: why not just put a small blackboard up on the wall behind the counter, telling everyone what's coming in bottles, what's on right now, and what has sold out? That would take, what, a minute to update it every day or two? Would avoid confusion and many would appreciate this.

GL are making some great beer (and gaining a well-deserved success) so I suggest they handle this small detail a little better. Ignoring it might cost them a lot of the good will that they have worked so hard to earn, which I think is a shame.
In Beerum Veritas

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

The wife made a surprise trip in to the store when she heard me cursing about how now they had some Project X bottles in stock. That's what I call love.

She had a much better experience. The bottles were already in the cooler and when she went to pay the cashier clearly knew the product as she was asking my wife if she'd had the chance to try either of them yet.

I'm looking forward to trying at least one of Pompous Ass or Lackey's Flasky tonight after starting the night off on a terrific foot with Cheshire's ESB.

I love Belgian's suggestion of a blackboard with news on what special brews are coming out soon. Not only is it helpful, you know there's going to be a couple of people who maybe stop in to the store, just getting into craft beers and say "hey! what's with all these other beers I've never heard about?" Don't keep this stuff a secret, promote it!

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Never had a problem at Great Lakes and the staff has always been pleasant and friendly.

Morning Glory Breakfast Stout and Miami Weissendunkel Project X bottles were available today at the Harvest Fest. Had a good time, with great sausages and Peach Wheat and Pumpkin Ale on cask, although the regular Pumpkin on tap had a metallic aftertaste. Good reason to go down the street to Tom's Dairy Freeze for ice cream to get rid of the taste.