Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What video games are you playing? (Not beer related)

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

What video games are you playing? (Not beer related)

Post by SteelbackGuy »

After finishing Bioshock 2 yesterday, I've decided to replay Bioshock 1 on difficult. I've unlocked all achievements except 3, and I plan on getting them this time around. Plus, a fun game to be sure. Any other gamers in da house?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Pokemon Diamond :lol:

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Huge video game fan. I have been playing Batman Arkham Asaylum lately. Very good game. I usually dont like the comic book video games, but this one doesnt dissapoint. Also like to play halo online. Anyone here have xbox live?

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

Call of Duty for me, online.

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Currently running through Mass Effect 2. Lovely bit of game. I would love to have a co-op mode in something like this.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

BurgerTime

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Oh man, that screen shot bring back memories.
I played that on my ColecoVision.

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption right now and Splinter Cell Conviction. I haven't gotten around to Bioshock 2 but I will be soon.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Weebay wrote:Oh man, that screen shot bring back memories.
I played that on my ColecoVision.

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption right now and Splinter Cell Conviction. I haven't gotten around to Bioshock 2 but I will be soon.
How's the Redemption? Lots of commercials on TV but I'd like to hear from a few gamers that aren't critics.

Also, anyone here played Assassin's Creed? I'm trying to collect all flags in the game (without using a guide, I hate walkthroughs) and man, it is really tough to find them all.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Red Dead Redemption is like playing in a Sergio Leone movie. If you enjoyed the GTA IV style of sandbox game and you want that in a Western, then pick up a copy my friend.

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

Great, now I have the Burgertime music repeating in my head. (And I don't mean "great' sarcastically. I love that tune! Doodle-oodle-oodle-oodle-di-do-di-do...)

I used to be a console gamer back in the day, but never hooked up a video game system after moving to a new house 3 years ago. Too many wires with destructive babies crawling about. So the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii console generation is the first one that has passed me by completely.

That being said, just a couple of weeks ago, I installed a couple of video games on my laptop (the Steam platform makes things very easy) and am starting to feel the hooks drawing me back in. Since I never really played PC games, I now have a huge library of all-time classics to choose from - which is good since I'm sure my laptop won't be able to play the latest and greatest.

I really enjoyed what I've played of Portal. A fun, original puzzle game from a 'first-person' perspective - though it seems quite short (which is saying something since I gave up on the Final Fantasy-type games because I found them way too long).

I also installed Tropico 3 - a SimCity-ish kind of game with politics thrown in for good measure. I am Castro! Seems fun, but not entirely engaging so far.

I did enjoy the GTA3 games back in the day, but I'll wait until my next laptop before I bother trying to run GTA4. I'm also a much safer real-life driver since I stopped playing. :)

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Red Dead is really a lot of fun. The music is great, the story pulls you in, and the voice acting is top notch. There is an optional online play mode which adds to the value of the game. They have done away with the relationship nonsense they had in GTA IV. That killed it for me, I would be in the middle of a fun string of missions and I get this call "HELLO COUZZZIN".

The only downside is it's not really a hard game, of course the last PS3 game I played was Demon's Souls, which was basically like impacting yourself with a pineapple, although unlike impacting yourself with a pineapple, I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I finished.

Steam is the best way to get PC games in my opinion. I have a smaller SSD drive that I run my OS and some more demanding games from, and with Steam, if I have erased a game I can just download it again, no looking for CD's or codes.

trub_man

Post by trub_man »

COD Modern Warfare 2 - multiplayer PS3

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, starting a new season as I went on a transfer from Sunderland to Arsenal.

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

I'm also playing Red Dead Redemption. Great game! I like just wandering around on horseback hunting wildlife and doing some bounty hunting.

Also playing MLB 10 on the PS3 and Fallout 3 on the PC.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

kmallett wrote:I'm also playing Red Dead Redemption. Great game! I like just wandering around on horseback hunting wildlife and doing some bounty hunting.

Also playing MLB 10 on the PS3 and Fallout 3 on the PC.

Is fallout 3 worth picking up? Reviewers are great but many gamer friends have complained about very slow story and advancement.