Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's New 12-packs

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Beau's New 12-packs

Post by Bobsy »

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

That is really nice.

It's probably good that their not stackable (like milk crates here, or beer crates in Germany), or the homebrewers would never give them back!

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

From the second paragraph: "They're even stackable."

Let the hoarding begin!
かんぱい。

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Very cool.
Very European I think. And you can re-use them for years I bet, so it cuts down on wasteful packaging. Excellent idea if you visit the brewery fairly often!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

12 lager only or other Beau's offerings?

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Beau's has to be commended, not only for their re-usable green ways and their great beer, but for being at the pinnacle of marketing for Ontario brewers.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wood's an expensive packaging material. Lug Tread is totally fine stuff but I'm more impressed with the brewer's vision - bringing something that looks great into people's homes, really. I can see people buying those bottles & packs & even some crates, JUST to identify with the brand aesthetics. And why not? If you're the first to try something you deserve the success.
In Beerum Veritas

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Gedge wrote:12 lager only or other Beau's offerings?
Lug Tread is the only thing that they bottle in those types of bottles right now and I believe is what is going into the Beer Store.

At the brewery they put their seasonals into growlers and the porcelain bottles. I don't know if they intend to use the new bottles for the seasonals and what not or if the porcelain bottles fit in the crate.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Love it! I think a reusable case makes great sense for microbreweries, and its obviously more environmentally friendly if it gets reused enough times. A growler is probably even more so, but both are good options!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

cfrancis wrote:I don't know if they intend to use the new bottles for the seasonals and what not or if the porcelain bottles fit in the crate.
From what I've heard they are sticking with the ceramic bottles for seasonals only.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Queef

Post by Queef »

Awesome! All my old vinyl records will looks much better in those than in the crappy cardboxes and old milk crates they are in now! Be worth setting up the record player somewhere visible again!
it's beer o'clock.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

No fucking way I'm paying 60 dollars for a 12 pack. If I wanted a crate I'd go out and buy a crate.

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

mintjellie wrote:No fucking way I'm paying 60 dollars for a 12 pack. If I wanted a crate I'd go out and buy a crate.
My thoughts exactly. I'm all for being environmentally friendly but $60 for a 12 pack??? Granted they're bigger bottles and yes you can return the crate for $15 - but do they accept the crate returns at anywhere other than the brewery? Maybe owning 1 or 2 of these crates might be neat but if I can only return them to the brewery, the other ones would just be stacking up as trash in my house - no thanks. I bring my own reusable bags when I get beers not offered in bigger packs at the LCBO (like GR Galt Knife), I would do the same for Beau's. This seems like a case of marketing over substance.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Are the bottles 341/355 ml? $45 ($60 - the $15 crate deposit) does seem pretty steep for a 12-pack.

Queef

Post by Queef »

Gedge wrote:Are the bottles 341/355 ml? $45 ($60 - the $15 crate deposit) does seem pretty steep for a 12-pack.
bottles are 600ml
it's beer o'clock.