Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

an Amarillo beer available in Ottawa?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

an Amarillo beer available in Ottawa?

Post by inertiaboy »

Can anyone suggest a beer that is available near Ottawa at the LCBO/SAQ/depanneur/nearby brewery that contains a good proportion of Amarillo?

A little background for the reason: I work at a software startup and we decided (with a little coaxing!) to codename all our releases after hop varieties. The last two were Cascade and Saaz so finding those beers was relatively easy. This release is Amarillo and the next two will be Magnum and Chinook (looking forward to this one immensely). The release date is fast approaching and I'm looking for the appropriate beer to share with the team when we announce the release.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

flying monkeys hoptical illusion

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

matt7215 wrote:flying monkeys hoptical illusion
Thanks Matt, that's a good choice that I forgot about. The branding and packaging will also appeal to those being introduced to this beer.

Any other options for comparison?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

See if you can get over to Gatineau and get the Charlevoix Amarillo Double IPA.
saintjohnswort.ca

LarryKress

Post by LarryKress »

Lately, I have been searching the Gatineau area stores for Charlevoix Amarillo Double IPA but all I could find is the Hercules version.
A great beer also!

Please excuse me for the shameless plug but the following 2 BDT beers
both contain amarillo hops.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/les-brasse ... ps/114083/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/les-brasse ... em/105429/

Cheers

Larry Kress

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Charlevoix Amarillo is sold out unfortunately.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Thanks for the help everyone. Our failed attempt at getting the Vache Folle Amarillo Double IPA will lead to a wonderful tasting of the Herkules instead tomorrow, with the story becoming part of our company's folklore.

I would love to be able to have Le Diable au Corps or Carpe Diem instead - maybe in the fall? :wink: