Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Win a Golf Getaway @ Deerhurst Resort

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Win a Golf Getaway @ Deerhurst Resort

Post by mintjellie »

Courtesy of Lakes of Muskoka Cottage Brewery.

http://www.muskokabrewery.com/php/contest.php

* Overnight accommodations for Four.
* Four rounds at Deerhurst Highlands Golf Course
* Breakfast for Four
* VIP Muskoka Cottage Brewery Experience

I assume the brewery experience is some kind of brewery tour.

http://www.deerhurstresort.com/

http://www.muskokabrewery.com/php/home.php

No purchase necessary.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

New website looks awesome, glad to see this brewery stepping it up a notch with the presentation of their products.

If you go to page 2 of this document: <http://www.muskokabrewery.com/pdf/FoodPairings.pdf> it looks like they're releasing a "Seasonal Stout" this year, and re-releasing the Harvest Ale. Both good signs. I'll probably start paying more attention to Muskoka now.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Yeah, I saw that about the stout. I'll have to find my way up to Bracebridge this winter.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

cratez wrote:New website looks awesome, glad to see this brewery stepping it up a notch with the presentation of their products.
It realll is a well designed site. It makes me wonder what some other Ontario brewers are thinking with their websites, which are either really bad, or non-existant. I mean I was going through the OCB site, and Trafalgar's and Skeena's sites are just aweful. Black Oak Brewery makes some awesome beer, but I had friends in highschool with better websites, and I graduated high school in 1996. Their site doesn't even mention their seasonals. And County Durham doesn't even have a website. How can you be a company putting out a product in 2010 and not have a website?

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
cratez wrote:New website looks awesome, glad to see this brewery stepping it up a notch with the presentation of their products.
It realll is a well designed site. It makes me wonder what some other Ontario brewers are thinking with their websites, which are either really bad, or non-existant. I mean I was going through the OCB site, and Trafalgar's and Skeena's sites are just aweful. Black Oak Brewery makes some awesome beer, but I had friends in highschool with better websites, and I graduated high school in 1996. Their site doesn't even mention their seasonals. And County Durham doesn't even have a website. How can you be a company putting out a product in 2010 and not have a website?
Not having a website is the new having a website.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

velovampire wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:
Not having a website is the new having a website.

Word.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

cratez wrote:looks like they're releasing a "Seasonal Stout" this year, and re-releasing the Harvest Ale.
Yup, and the Harvest Ale will be bottled this time around:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

GregClow wrote:
cratez wrote:looks like they're releasing a "Seasonal Stout" this year, and re-releasing the Harvest Ale.
Yup, and the Harvest Ale will be bottled this time around:

+

Yo, mad respect to these bitches!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

How hoppy is that Harvest Ale.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

mintjellie wrote:How hoppy is that Harvest Ale.
Is this a question, or a rhetorical statement?

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

GregClow wrote:
It's a typo, that period should be a question mark. Sorry.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

mintjellie wrote:
GregClow wrote:
It's a typo, that period should be a question mark. Sorry.
Ah. Well, based on last year's version, it's moderately hoppy - not a monster, but enough to be noticeable and enjoyable.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I liked the Born Bitter a lot more, but the Harvest was also quite nice.

Muskokan

Post by Muskokan »

Stumbled upon this thread and was pumped to see the good chatter.

Glad people are diggin' the new website...we are working on some videos this month and will continue to add stuff to the site....like things that people have been making out of our Dockers (5L cans). There have been some hilarious submissions.

Harvest Ale will be available in select licensee's this year as well as LCBO's across the Province. It will be packaged in a 750ml swing top bottle for LCBO and will be offered in a custom glass for licensee. It will be made with Ontario malt and a bold selection of hops, including some from Ontario. The beer won't be the hoppiest beer of the year, but it will have a good bite. The real charm of this beer will come from the flavours of the local ingredients. It'll be interesting to see how it differs from last year's batch...which we still have some of.

Seasonal Stout...that was a bit of a slip up on our part...that page on the site went live before we could edit the document.

We will also be doing a winter seasonal in select licensee's and in a 750ml bottle for the LCBO. It won't be called 'Seasonal Stout' and it might not be a stout. It will be interesting though. We'll continue to leak info out on it on Facebook, Twitter and the odd snippet on here.

What else....the contest to Win a Weekend Getaway to Deerhurst is still live on our site and once it's down a new one will be up.

Hoping a bunch of you will make it up for the Muskoka Beer Festival on August 28th and if you do, let's arrange a gathering at the brewery...sample some of our beers and any beers anyone else wants to bring.

If interested, let me know.

Cheers,

Mike

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Muskokan wrote: Seasonal Stout...that was a bit of a slip up on our part...that page on the site went live before we could edit the document.

We will also be doing a winter seasonal in select licensee's and in a 750ml bottle for the LCBO. It won't be called 'Seasonal Stout' and it might not be a stout. It will be interesting though.
How 'bout a robust, well-hopped, non-coffee porter? This province needs one badly. Great to hear about the Harvest Ale, I'm looking forward to trying it.
Muskokan wrote: Hoping a bunch of you will make it up for the Muskoka Beer Festival on August 28th and if you do, let's arrange a gathering at the brewery...sample some of our beers and any beers anyone else wants to bring.
I plan to attend this and I want to make my way over to Griffin Gastropub and your brewery while I'm up there. Milos and Adil told me you have quite the impressive facility!