Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Where art though Flying Monkies??

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dutchcanuck

Where art though Flying Monkies??

Post by dutchcanuck »

Is it just me or is there a lack of hoptical illusion on the LCBO shelves lately? I can personally say with great sorrow that St. Catharines has been sold out for over a week now! And when I did a quick inventory search I noticed everywhere, but Barrie pretty much, was running low on the hoptical. I mean almost every LCBO had less than the equivelent of 4 two-fours. Has anyone else had problems getting their illusion on?

So the question must be asked....Is everything alright up there in Barrie?

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Once again Toronto proves itself to be the centre of the universe. :D

I had not bought any of this in bottles for a while. When I was in the Leaside store I noticed quite a lot in the cooler and I thought:

1 .Must be new inventory, fresh! I'lll get some.
2. In the cooler! Craft beer in the cooler!
3. Mmmm... time for some of that.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Lots in London!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mahcinesquad

Post by mahcinesquad »

Always seems stocked in Guelph, and always seems to be in the cooler. Its definitely become my go to drinker - I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact I know I can stop by the LCBO and pick up a chilled 6 pack.

I'm starting to drink more of Sgt. Major IPA now that its showing up in Guelph but it always sitting out on the floor warm. So there usually needs to be more forethought when I want the Sgt. Major.

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

The Franklin store in Cambridge was out of Hoptical the other day when I was in. Yes, it's usually in the cooler which is nice but they also had some of the Sgt Major IPA ALSO in the cooler. I know some people have bad mouthed that beer but I've never had a bad experience with it and it came through again the other day. Win.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

It's also at the Beer Store now...just picked up a case and the six-packs indicated they were bottled on July 27....nice.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Lots in Stoney Creek!

dutchcanuck

Post by dutchcanuck »

Just walked into my local LCBO and shelves were fully stocked again....minus 1

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

dutchcanuck wrote:Just walked into my local LCBO and shelves were fully stocked again....minus 1
Thank god...just in time for payday.

Flood

Post by Flood »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Lots in London!
1+
beer up